Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WWWot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschecb
I am cooking a 12 pound prime rib for mothers day! I have been all over the web and have found at least a half dozen plus ways to cook it. Anyone have tried a true way to pull this off with out a disaster? (I have room for 2 to 3 more people if your hungry)

Thanks !

Michael
JPB
Well ya can do it like everyone else told ya or do it different. On a spit over some Cowboy coals and have a beer by the pool as it roasts to perfection. Won't taste like prime rib but hell, you did it your way man.beer.gif
porschecb
QUOTE(JPB @ May 12 2007, 06:11 PM) *

Well ya can do it like everyone else told ya or do it different. On a spit over some Cowboy coals and have a beer by the pool as it roasts to perfection. Won't taste like prime rib but hell, you did it your way man.beer.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
Katmanken
Use the recipe that calls for cooking it low and slow- for best results. Don't forget the horseradish sauce...

I use a meat thermometer and an oven temp just over boiling- say about 250. Some people brown the ouyside first or turn the oven to 400, put the meat in and turn it down t0 250.

I also have a smoker that uses a hotplate and adjust the doors to keep it at 250.

Ken
73Phoenix20
Bring the internal temperature to NO MORE than 135 degrees!!!

Use a very good (preferably electric) thermometer that can be left in the roast while cooking, and will "Ding" when the internal temp is reached...

Do not put the tip of the temp probe on a bone = false reading.

Pull from oven, cover loosely, and let stand a minimum of 15 minutes to let the juices reabsorb... Prime rib is not to be served "Piping Hot", but rather just "Warm", so that the fat is not quite congealed. If someone wants theirs "HOT", tell them to go to Arby's and have a sandwich!

And Yorkshire Pudding is REQUIRED!!! 1 Cup of All Purpose Flour, 1 Cup of whole milk, teaspoon of baking powder, teaspoon of salt. Mix just until flour is blended in. Put hot pan drippings from the Prime Rib in the bottom of the cups of a large muffin pan. Preheat pan to 350 degrees. Remove from oven and fill each cup 1/2 full of batter (yes, into the hot beef fat). Return to 350 degree oven and bake until high and puffy; maybe 7 to 10 minutes... keep an eye on them!

Serve while warm with the Prime Rib, and plenty of freshly grated Horseradish, blended in sour cream, with a pinch of sugar and salt.
(Okay, you can buy the creamed horseradish sauce at the grocery!!!)

Enjoy the feast!
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Hell, you talked me in to it. Send it to me and I,ll cook it for you useing Dave 's secret methi
od and my ultra secert recipe. NO really I Will!!!!

Dave slap.gif happy11.gif
porschecb
Thanks for the replies!! Looks like i bought a to big of a roast for 6 adults and 2 children. It was last minute deal and the only one left after going to 3 stores. Can you say LEFTOVERS. drooley.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.