Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Generator light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
Wondered why my generator light never came on, It's because there aint any!!! The battery does charge so I looked behind the dash for a roaming extra socket and buld by no gots. What are the color of the wires that go to the socket?
bd1308
thats really odd. Theres a blue wire that needs resistance (from a bulb) that makes everything start(on the alternator)
SirAndy
QUOTE(bd1308 @ May 13 2007, 08:11 AM) *

thats really odd. Theres a blue wire that needs resistance (from a bulb) that makes everything start(on the alternator)

agree.gif it's a blue wire. the second one should be red/white. the blue wire goes to pin 2 on the relay board.

the circuit won't function correctly without the bulb ...
bye1.gif Andy

PS: grab yer haynes manual ...

'74 (if you're not afraid of current flow diagrams), page 175, upper left corner, K2 is the bulb

otherwise, use the diagram on page 164 (which is for a '73, but that part is identical)
ruddyboys
found the socket way down behind the dash, BUT I tested the blue end wire with the blue wire at the voltage reg and there was a break somewhere, and I found it!!!! The PO cut the wire under the console, split it into 2 wires and nither of them conected to the socket. I fished the wire from the socket and splice all together and it works...
Toast
clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.