Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding Fog lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Snafu
I have a 70 model 1.7 without the fog lights. I'd like to add them but would like to know how difficult this would be to do? Are the necessary parts easily sourced?
boxstr
If you want to add the CAMP 914 driving lites I have everything you need in the kit.
I also have the NEW Porsche 914 grilles. I can add the captured nuts and allen head bolts if they are nto in place.
Craig C. Laughlin
SirAndy
QUOTE(Snafu @ May 13 2007, 10:11 AM) *

I have a 70 model 1.7 without the fog lights. I'd like to add them but would like to know how difficult this would be to do? Are the necessary parts easily sourced?

you need to check if you have the wiring for the foglights in the main harness.
many early cars didn't come with it and my '70 did NOT have the wiring.

if that is the case, you need to run your own wires ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
burton73
Craig,

Please tell us of the NEW 914 grills. I have metal units that need replanting. What is your part made of and what is the cost?

Thanks,

Bob
Dr Evil
I second Craigs kit, its AWSOME!
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(boxstr @ May 13 2007, 11:59 AM) *

If you want to add the CAMP 914 driving lites I have everything you need in the kit.
I also have the NEW Porsche 914 grilles. I can add the captured nuts and allen head bolts if they are nto in place.
Craig C. Laughlin

agree.gif Looks good. OpaAndy is right but if your lucky the wireing is there.

On my 72 it was as easy as bolting on the lights and wire them up, plug the wires

into a stock foglight switch I had, cut a little hole in the material on the dash face

to uncover a hole for the switch that was already there and install the switch.
boxstr
Bob, the new grilles are the ones for the fog lights that came on the 914. They are factory grilles from the Porsche dealer. The are made of a plastic material with a chrome plating on them.
Are you grilles metal for the fog lights or just plain grilles.
CCLIN914NATION
SirAndy
QUOTE(burton73 @ May 13 2007, 02:00 PM) *

I have metal units

are you sure about that?

i have only seen metal foglight grilles once, and that was on a prototype car ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.