Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VW Car show & Swap meet today Ypsi. MI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hi All, BTW: Happy Mother's Day

The annual VW swap & car show was today. Attendance was down due to Mother's Day, but lots of beautiful cars were there. The swap meet had some 914 stuff. A vendor had a few 914 motors. One was a good deal 73 GA 2.0 liter motor with 55K miles & all sheet metal less the F.I. sytem for $500 bucks. Another was a 58 Ghia convt. (see photo's) with all body/paint work done for $23K. Th owner claimed he has all the parts to finish, just needs assembly. Two 914's were there Karl's LE and Sebastan's silver 914 ForSale (see photo). This is a great 914 and worth every dollar. It's a good one if interested (see photo for phone #). popcorn[1].gif

Had a good time & didn't take my car. The battery was dead & didn't get insurance on it yet. Hopefully I'll have it out of storage in 1-2 weeks.

Tom
TJB/914
more
TJB/914
more
TJB/914
Do you want more??
TJB/914
more
TJB/914
more
TJB/914
more
TJB/914
more & last for today

tom
RohJay
Great pics, thanks!

Can anyone give the color code of the 1st (powder bluish) Cabrio in post #4?
SGB
Great cars and nicely composed pictures. Very fun. Thanks! Please post more if you have 'em.
TJB/914
QUOTE(RohJay @ May 13 2007, 12:43 PM) *

Great pics, thanks!

Can anyone give the color code of the 1st (powder bluish) Cabrio in post #4?

RohJay,

I wish I had taken more photo's of this beautiful "blush powder blue" bug. In the sunlight it was an off white/powder blue. In some of the photo's it looks a little greenish. This bug was mint and well detailed. People talked about the color and I noticed the fender welting was just a little darker blue to offset the panels. It was magnificent. I am not a VW bug guy so I can't give you the color. I'll post a few other pictures with it in the background.

T
r_towle
I love the sand that rattled loose during the trailer ride on that ghia.
I great reason not to use sand IMHO.

Nice show, great turn out.

Rich
TJB/914
QUOTE(SGB @ May 13 2007, 01:25 PM) *

Great cars and nicely composed pictures. Very fun. Thanks! Please post more if you have 'em.

Hi Scott,

Here's all the other ones taken. Should have taken more, but this was a VW meet.

T
drewvw

wow that '57 is awesome...but not for 23K
TJB/914
This was my favorite "yellow" bug. I understand the yellow was a modern color just a little more yellow than "Sunflower Yellow" It was beautiful.

T
TJB/914
Last of the photo's taken.

Tom
Dr Evil
Nice wheels on the orange one in post #5, I bet that they would work on a 914 idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.