Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pin Type Jackstands
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bigkensteele
After reading about Gint's adventures, I have been looking for a set of pin locking jackstands.

I got an ad today from Aldi, and they have a "special purchase" going one. One pair of 2 ton pin locking stands for $8.99. I am going to go pick up 4 tomorrow. I will let everyone know how they look.

www.aldi.com

You can see the stands if you look at May 13 special purchases. They also have a store locator page.

Ken
So.Cal.914
Considering it is basiclly a 2200 lb. car, they should do fine.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ May 13 2007, 10:22 PM) *

Considering it is basiclly a 2200 lb. car, they should do fine.

After purchasing these beauties, they would be fine - if I was Gumby. Max height on them is 16". Not enough to really work on a car, but enough to save me from being crushed, so I will use them as safety backups to my old lever-style. With a total investment of $18 for 4, it would almost be more trouble than it's worth to return them. Maybe I will modify them with coat-hanger wire and duct tape to increase the height idea.gif
So.Cal.914
Or you could construct some sturdy/wide wood bases for them. Just a thought.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ May 14 2007, 10:14 PM) *

Or you could construct some sturdy/wide wood bases for them. Just a thought.

I was thinking the same thing. I built a ginormous deck last year and still have a lot of good pressure treated lumber leftover. However, I have told the wife about Gint's story, and I am pushing for a nice lift. She is reluctant because I was stupid enough to tell her how much I am insured for on an accidental death.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ May 15 2007, 12:20 AM) *

She is reluctant because I was stupid enough to tell her how much I am insured for on an accidental death.

av-943.gif
Gint
I'm biased, so I'll just keep quiet. wink.gif

I already have a 4 post lift, but the rails aren't wide enough to do a motor drop on a 914. There is probably a mid rise scissor lift in my immediate future. And yes, "The Jackstand Incident" definitely influenced that decision. For both me and the Mrs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.