Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lunch in Costa Mesa?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Crazyhippy
Lunch in Costa Mesa anyone? I'm heading down to pick up some HP From Costa Mesa Machine, and will be there for lunch. Anyone want to meet up?

I'm bringing the better looking half too bootyshake.gif

BJH
Oh yeah, call me, i'm traveling starting now.
TonyAKAVW
Doh. Shoulda made it lunch in the south bay. I could do that...

How much HP are you picking up?
Twystd1
I just spoke to BJ, He is in LA on his way to Johns shop. He is having some very trick head work done by John at Costa Mesa Machine shop.

John is re-configuring the combustion chamber in a clover leaf design. This really helps Swirl. Hopefully BJ will post some pics for us later today. BEFORE he puts the engine together.

I suggested he stops by Neil Harveys shop also. Neil is the US distributor for "LINK SYSTEMS" ECUs. And thats the same brand BJ is using on his Subby engine. Niel's a good guy. And has helped BJ with trouble shooting all of his ECU questions.

This new head setup should put BJ well over the 300 HP with his existing turbo. I think he will be closer to 400HP+ with a bigger turbo and these new heads.
And thats at the wheels folks... Not at the engine.

We will see as BJ might get this iteration dynoed again.

So thats the scoop folks.....

Clayton
Clayton
Aaron Cox
i just called and harassed him wub.gif

and i need to get my stub pipes from john....
Twystd1
Rumor has it that your stubbs in Slit's ass.

Good luck on finding them. Thats a big place to get em lost and found....

Twystd1
Crazyhippy
Head work gains are supposed to be from 3% to 18% dependant on lift. Does a great job of un-shrouding the valve, and REALLLLLLY increases swirl in the chamber.

The current turbo should be over 300HP. It will run out of breath up top though. I think i'm going to go to a TD05-18G. It is considered small by the STI guys, but will put out enough HP to keep me in trouble for a LONG time, and is acceptable in the lag department.

AA, i think it was your stubs being used as wheel chocks out along the street...

Oh yeah, I got to have lunch w/ the Sharp one. biggrin.gif Could have been pretty much anywhere if you had Called Tony.

BJH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.