Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 2.0- What is the CORRECT rear emblem mtrl, color, finish
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
levonfarra
I have been trying to figure out what the(OEM) correct material, color and finish for the "914" & "2.0" emblems on the trunk of a 73 2.0 are. DR. B. Johnson in his book says black anodized aluminum for that year. But other people have given me other info., so I am confused.

thanks,

Levon
iamchappy
Mine was black.
TheCabinetmaker
My 73 was silver. Cast aluminum I think.
SGB
My "73 has silver lettering, original.
Porsche Rescue
Black anodized. Later ('74?) went to black plastic. Silver would be the letters on the engine grill. By '76 they were a black decal!
Might get a more authoritative answer on the "originality and history" forum.
Brando
1975 - mine's black plastic.
tod914
My 73 1.7 parts car I had years ago, had metal (silver).
mudfoot76
My '73 has the original silver lettering too
Porsche Rescue
I think the "silver" 914 2.0 on the rear panel is simply the aluminum with the black anodizing worn or sanded off.
SGB
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ May 15 2007, 10:23 AM) *

I think the "silver" 914 2.0 on the rear panel is simply the aluminum with the black anodizing worn or sanded off.

Definitely not for my car. I have verified that they were silver when purchased by second owner (my brother) in 76.
Phoenix914
Letters are silver on my '73 2.0
914helo
My letters were also definately silver on '73 2.0
thomasotten
George at AA told me that the rear emblems were originally black, but they faded away to look silver.
Porsche Rescue
Yep, parts catalog shows only gold (early) and black.
davep
Definitely black originally. The black would fade to different shades of silver over time. The plastic ones didn't fade as far as I know, but I saw few of them. I still have a few OEM '914 2.0' decals.
TheCabinetmaker
i purchased my 73 from Conine Swab Porsche-Audi in august of 1973. The letters were SILVER FROM THE FACTORY!!!!!!! NOT BLACK!!!!!!! They were never black! The "black" did not fade off! They were silver! My 75 is black plastic. My 76 is a black decal.
Porsche Rescue
You have a rare and unusual car.
TheCabinetmaker
does that make it worth more? biggrin.gif
G e o r g e
Black on my 73 parts car
SGB
Silver lettering is not unusual. I'm not bending on this one.
Twystd1
Mine originally came in that color.

Twystd1
Porsche Rescue
Aluminum with the anodizing worn off is common.
por73914
Mine are black alum. The car has set outside most of its life and they are still black 73 914 2.0
jonferns
'74 1.8...black plastic....
jonferns
heres a pic
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.