Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tampa Bay BBQ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
carr914
Tampa Bay BBQ. Will give us a chance to hang out longer than our typical Breakfast's. I will volunteer my house (the Carr Museum)with a pretty cool backyard that leads down to a small lake. I will have my lift in a couple of weeks so we can even have a tech session. I have a gas grill, will have a new Keg-style charcoal grill soon as well as a smoker. I was thinking a little far out in order for us to get organized. 9-14 is a Friday, so how about Saturday Sept 15th (915)? Obviously I'm open to any suggestions in order to have a good time jsharp.gif

T.C.

Roster of Lunatics
T.C. (carr914)
Rob + Robin (watsonrx13)
Paul + ? (URY914)
JBader ... Won't be here but his car is
Glen +? (Greyhound)
Steve&Janie (SMG914)
Brian (bcheney)
Rouser
Jim + Stacey? (BiG bOgGs)
Rick (rfuerst911sc)
Eric (Pudge)
Ian? (army dude) Haven't heard from you lately, Doing Alright?
John from Boca
Dave & Sherry Panaccione? Dave was a 7 (?) time entrant at the 24 Hours of Daytona, plus Sebring, Lime Rock, Road Atlanta etc
Pudge
I'm up for it. beerchug.gif

eric
watsonrx13
Sounds great TC, I'm in... chowtime.gif

-- Rob
BiG bOgGs
Zounds Gouda!

Jim and Stacey will be there. (thats me and the little lady)

party.gif
URY914
Sounds like a great plan!
I'll be there, tell us what to bring. (Only German beer should be allowed. drunk.gif )
rfuerst911sc
If I'm allowed to show up in my 911 ( 914 on jack stands ) I might be in.
carr914
rfuerst911sc, Come on over, Heck if you don't count my Ford F-150 Harley Davidson pick-up whose VIN ends with 914, the only Porsche I currently have is my 74 Euro Carrera.

T.C.
carr914
I know Steve & Janie will be there. Has anyone heard from Ian?. By the way there will be plenty of 914 parking spots on my front lawn. ( heck the dead spots from the oil leaks will remind me of you guys for weeks). Anyway, I'm off to Utah, I think Eric is setting me up with my next 3 wives. sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif

T.C.
army dude
HELLO!!!

I will be there!! but with my suburban since I just toasted the tranny in my 914. slap.gif

I am in Ft Bragg recovering from surgery and will more than likely be in Sarasota by July. Even if still here I will drive down. Keep me posted!

Howdy all Tampa Bay teeners!!!! Howdy Rob!!

Ian, not in Iraq
Eric_Shea
If you burn it, they will come

This crowd? No doubt... smoke.gif
Eric_Shea
I think Eric is setting me up with my next 3 wives.

Ooooooooooops... I had ya down for 5 confused24.gif
Eric_Shea
I will volunteer my house (the Carr Museum)with a pretty cool backyard that leads down to a small lake with huge hungry alligators.

I think I'll pass. huh.gif
URY914
Eric, do not believe ANYTHING TC says about me.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(army dude @ May 16 2007, 02:25 PM) *

HELLO!!!

I will be there!! but with my suburban since I just toasted the tranny in my 914. slap.gif

I am in Ft Bragg recovering from surgery and will more than likely be in Sarasota by July. Even if still here I will drive down. Keep me posted!

Howdy all Tampa Bay teeners!!!! Howdy Rob!!

Ian, not in Iraq

Hey Ian, glad to that you're back stateside and great to hear from you. Hope the recovery is going well.

Stay in touch and look forward to meeting you at TC's BBQ...

-- Rob
carr914
icon_bump.gif I got my lift, so the TECH session should be cool.

T.C.
URY914
TC I was driving on north Arminia today and saw a 914 under a cover and a 911 in a yard of a house. Is that your house?
Jax914
I should be on the road by then...actually another week or two...so Tampa in September sounds cool. It would be good to meet a few teeners.

Troy
carr914
Paul, no, but you were only 3 blocks away. You could have come over and played teener with Steve and myself. The house that you drove by is the guy whose 914-6 #138 ( the one under the cover)

T.C.
carr914
Troy welcome.png I hope you can make it. Look forward to meeting you.

T.C.
URY914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 27 2007, 06:22 PM) *

I was previously storing and working on til he became verbally abusive while drunk and I kicked that car to the curb.

T.C.

He should fit in around here just fine....
BiG bOgGs
Hey guys, I am selling my present house and moving (just a couple miles), and in the process I will have some extra cash to convert my 914 to full electric. So if any of you are interested in a 2.0L engine, just send me a PM and we can schedule delivery of anything you need for the BBQ. I figure it will be easier to deliver parts in FL than shipping things around the country. (Strangely, I just got my cleaned injectors back from Cruzin today. Oh well, on to the next project. )

If you need things like a gas tank, or any other power system related parts just ask and I will check to see if it is something I will be deleting from the system at some point.
army dude
Hey ya'll!! How about we also install a 930 trany in my teener?? I heard its super easyyyyyy!!!! should only take an hour !!!!!!! I will need a trailer to bring it up. Hopefully I am back in Sarasota by then since right now I am in North Carolina at Ft Bragg. I am recovering well and hope to be released from the traumatic brain injury clinic soon. But I need to come home for a weekend anyway.

Ian

thanx for all the well wishes from everybody!!
carr914
Don't want to turn it into a selling swapmeet, but if people coming put up a list of needs/wants and other folks want to do some trading, that would be cool.

T.C.
3liter914-6
hijacked.gif

This seems like the best place for it. The Copher's salvage in Clearwater (St. Pete really), has a very complete '75 914. Hood, trunk, decklid, bumpers, most interior and exterior, engine (4-stud intake), tranny, 4 black spider web style wheels. Probably some good parts @ good prices for you Tampa 914 fellas. When you enter the yard, it's there on your right, one of the first cars you'll pass. Can't miss it.
carr914
2 Month icon_bump.gif
URY914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 15 2007, 12:34 PM) *

2 Month icon_bump.gif

I'll alert the media.
Greyhound
TC, I'll be there, you bet. Why don't you send out a notice to all the guys on our current list of locale Florida members? I have two (one is female) who are new to our group. The other is a retired Air Force guy in Miami. I will ask them to look up this site and contact you if they want to come. Glen Clayton, clayton431@aol.com.
carr914
One Month icon_bump.gif . Rob, I think you have all the locals emails, maybe you can lend me a hand and send out an email notice. I would like to get a feel for how many are going to show up.

all the best, T.C.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 15 2007, 05:07 AM) *

One Month icon_bump.gif . Rob, I think you have all the locals emails, maybe you can lend me a hand and send out an email notice. I would like to get a feel for how many are going to show up.

all the best, T.C.

No problem T.C., I'll send out a blast when I get home this afternoon....

Can't wait to see the new car and the lift and eat some BBQ and drink some beer and....and....and.... biggrin.gif

-- Rob
URY914
TC,

What time do you want us showing up? I know of a 914 that I want to leave a note on his w/s and invite him to the BBQ.

Paul
carr914
Maybe 11, we will eat maybe 1pm. Suggestions? I was just going to cook up some burgers and dogs, but maybe some goat meat for Miles, Gator for Eric Shea chowtime.gif I will get water and sodas, for those that would like to partake of some other beverages, I second Paul's suggestion of bringing German beer beerchug.gif

T.C.
URY914
This my fav...
URY914
Maybe we can do shots of...

Rouser
I'll be there.

Paul said I can tag along with him so's he can show off the new B-B-Q serving tray he built ... or was it a wing? idea.gif
bcheney
I would love to come and join the fun. I have a 6 conversion underway in Orlando. Will have to drive our 911 over this time though...Look forward to meeting you guys. Will need to get directions.

Thanks,

Brian

QUOTE(Rouser @ Aug 16 2007, 10:48 PM) *

I'll be there.

Paul said I can tag along with him so's he can show off the new B-B-Q serving tray he built ... or was it a wing? idea.gif

JoeSharp
I keep sending t-shirts to friends in the area hoping that they will show up at one of your events.
URY914
We'll get you a t-shirt if you show up, Joe.
URY914
TC, lets get t-shirts made.
iamchappy
I just returned from St. Pete today, both times i have been down there this year I have played golf with my dad at St. Petersburg Lakewood C.C., At a home on a street bordering a fairway someone has a red 914 setup for the track with flares and rollcage and it appears the rear sail panels have been replace with a roll cage, they have a red 944 and red Vette in the driveway as well as a 1962 tan TBird. Anyone here know who it is....
iamchappy
I found a picture of it from over a year ago when I was there.
carr914
Chappy, I know that car and I wouldn't go anywhere near a track with it. A fellow named Glen does V-8 convertable conversions. He always cuts the top off his cars. I rode in this one, kinda scary, couldn't wait to get out.

T.C.
carr914
T Minus 3 Weeks burger.gif
smg914
Paul you can bring the Warsteiner and the Jagermeister and I'll bring the JPS cigarettes.
carr914
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Aug 18 2007, 12:50 AM) *

I keep sending t-shirts to friends in the area hoping that they will show up at one of your events.

Hey Paul, Maybe they will show up in a MicroBus, Man smoke.gif . That would be way cool Man.

Samba, Dude
carr914
Anybody that is planning to come and did not get the e-mail blast with the address, please PM me and I will send it to you.

T.C.
watsonrx13
Rob + Robin....(watsonrx13)

QUOTE(carr914 @ May 14 2007, 08:19 PM) *

Tampa Bay BBQ. Will give us a chance to hang out longer than our typical Breakfast's. I will volunteer my house (the Carr Museum)with a pretty cool backyard that leads down to a small lake. I will have my lift in a couple of weeks so we can even have a tech session. I have a gas grill, will have a new Keg-style charcoal grill soon as well as a smoker. I was thinking a little far out in order for us to get organized. 9-14 is a Friday, so how about Saturday Sept 15th (915)? Obviously I'm open to any suggestions in order to have a good time jsharp.gif

T.C.

Roster of Lunatics
T.C. (carr914)
Rob + ? (watsonrx13)
Paul + ? (URY914)
JBader
Glen +? (Greyhound)
Steve&Janie (SMG914)
Brian (bcheney)

URY914
This one is a little more fitting...

iamchappy
I will let you guys know next time im town, My Dad lives in Treasure Island and my mother is in a nursing home in St. Pete. Her health is failing so I will continue to drop into town to visit my mom and support my Dad.
It would be nice to meet with you guys sometime, the only one I ever visit when im in town is my good friend Qarl when i drive up to Orlando.
URY914
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Aug 27 2007, 08:54 PM) *

I will let you guys know next time im town, My Dad lives in Treasure Island and my mother is in a nursing home in St. Pete. Her health is failing so I will continue to drop into town to visit my mom and support my Dad.
It would be nice to meet with you guys sometime, the only one I ever visit when im in town is my good friend Qarl when i drive up to Orlando.

Chappy, you better let us know when you're in town. We can always get a group together to have b-fast or beers or both. biggrin.gif
carr914
And we haven't heard from Qarl much lately. Come on over.

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.