Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time for remembrance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Many people forget about today after the events of 9-11. They said it would be a day that will live in history forever. Nobody ever even mentions it anymore. December 7th 1941, the day that will live in infamy. I lost family members in Pearl Harbor, I never even had a chance to ever meet them. I remember. I will always remember. Now for my moment of silence in memory of that day and what it meant.
Joe Bob
A quiet moment here at my house....
redshift
Here

M
J P Stein
The "Greatest Generation" dealt with Pearl Harbor by uniting in a cause and saw it thru at a terrible cost. We, the present generation, *should* have learned a lesson.
Fight your enemies in their backyard, not ours.

The present generation has turned the 9/11 attack into a political football......which, of course, our latest enemies were hoping for.
redshift
Looking at history, after the Japanese attacked Pearl, American's were determined to avenge the attack, and protect themselves. After 911, many families of the victims lined up for money, and moved into higher tax brackets, then went on the 'poor me' circuit. Times change, victims need talent agents.

The country I come from is gone, that is my personal feeling on it, people don't care.

The media outlets need to publish the video of the people jumping to their deaths, every fucking day that we breathe.

Maybe we just need some legislation, a "Friendly Law" wavey.gif or a "Happy Provision" beerchug.gif to help us get along on this Earth, we surely need to understand the lowly Moslem ;retardedidiot: better. ar15.gif

Islam is a religion of peace wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

not like that pesky Shintoism.

Sorry for the jack job, I couldn't describe it all in 1000 pages.

Miles
tmp914
Miles, I take offence to your religious comments, There are radicals in every religion in every part of the world, even in Georgia, lets not forget that.
redshift
Offended? Why?

I have the right to make fun of Islam, I have 3,024 reasons.

You won't get me in a religious debate, I am not a religious guy, I have my own ideas, and my valves need adjusting.

Take what I say as irony, or sarcasm, or whatever... don't be offended.

M
swood
QUOTE(redshift @ Dec 7 2003, 10:54 AM)

Islam is a religion of peace wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

History does not support this statement, nor does the written word that they ascribe to.

An unregenerate heart, as described in the Bible, is not at peace.
The Bible is the only book that describes all men as they really are...desperately wicked and in need of a heart change. All other books tell men that they're just fine the way they are. The Bible levels the playing field for all men, showing us that one is not better than the other. We're all in the same boat, muslim, norweigen, marxist, american, european, pelican, etc, etc. Wherein does your hope after death lie?

I figured that since I took acception to that statement and that I don't have too many OT rants I'd help myself.

Thanks M.
swood
Oh yeah, Thanks for the original post Scott. Very important to remember those who lost their lives to preserve our freedom and way of life, as well as those who are doing it now.
flyloki
Steve-

Did you get my last email?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.