Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ready to paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Shop will finish car this week. Had been repainted in stages due to road/track rash (PO) and is 4 different colors silver in the right light. Shop suggested I use the $450 paint repair allowance and take it to 1 Day to respray entire car. Can't seem to handle pics in poll so will post next.

Car was orig yellow, and engine compartment was never resprayed. Whatcha think?
Howard
pics 1
Howard
pic 2
J P Stein
I voted for yellow....prolly cause that's the color I've
semi-decided on for mine. confused24.gif

IMO, whatever color you paint it, go with a non-metallic color. The metallics are too hard to match......as you've seen. Since you've abused the poor thing in the past laugh.gif , plan for the future.
Joe Bob
Depends....I like both colors. Yellow Porsches are faster and screams HEY>>>>I"M OVER HERE.....Silver is more Porschey, but does not like a lot of sun or inclement weather. Got a garage? Silver.....want to be noticed?....yaller all de way mon.

BTW....the 74 I have for sale is yellow, the 73 I am picking is too.....my last 914/6 original....yaller....the Rocket was white....
redshift
Silver

German EFF'IN Racing Silver.

M
Aaron Cox
nothing screams 70's like orange....if only my car were orange sad.gif
kafermeister
I voted yellow given that the original color is still showing in places.

But if it was dipped...go black! wub.gif

Rick
Andyrew
I voted yellow, its the original color, and its a cool color.. Im keeping mine my original color, cus its cool! if it was a 911 brown, then hey I could understand...

Andrew
914MF
boldblue.gif yellow!
72Signal914
Seriously Orange is the way to go, no where will you find an unturned head with orange. It sticks out like a sore thumb because how many other cars do you see that are orange. A Mazdaspped Protege, or your trusty Lambo Diablo 6.0. 2 possible...make that 1 possible car that will be orange that's out on the road. Want to be noticed go with orange. Either Tangerine or Signal.

God I love my 914!
cnavarro
I vote on yellow, again since it's showing where it hasn't been painted over, but if you do acid dip, then signal orange all the way! It's all about the rubberneckers.

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
Howard
Decision day! Get your votes in now so we don't need a runoff.
JRust
I voted Yellow! My 73' was yellow before I painted it Metalic blue. Looked great but I regretted not staying with the stock color! Good luck
redshift
I vote not yellow! Orange maybe..

How many times can I vote?

Pat Buchanan.

M
ninefourteener
Sorry folks...... maybe Yellow is fast....... Maybe silver is "Porshey"..... Maybe Orange screams "70s"..

But the willow green has to be the most "standoutish", "obnoxious", "Look at me, I'm a 70's throwback" color that the car ever came in.

It took a while to grow on me...... but I've decided that even if my car needed paint, it would stay the same.... its GREAT!!
Aaron Cox
GO ORANGE!!! cmon orange...come on... DAddy needs a new paintjob! snake eyes laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.