Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car cover.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mills914/s
Im worried about my car!!!
I grew up in aptos, But now I live in Santa cruz. Crime is high out here due to all the fuc^ing Tweekers out here. Some a hole stole my car cover last night. I had a good one too. In aptos I never had to worrie about anything but now 15 minutes away in santa cruz is a diffrent story. Whats this world comming to. Whats next my rims?///Or my 914?
Pissed off and rambling.
Seth
jonferns
If theres no way to store it in a garage, your best bet is a locking car cover and a set of wheel lock lug nuts.
Dr Evil
Only problem with the special lug nuts is they are usually the wrong type. We need a ball type of seat and most are angled which will crack rims and cause problems.

Seth, I am sorry to hear this. I used to live in the hood (most of my life) and hated having to worry about shit. Next cover is gonna need a lock on it sad.gif I HATE tweekers!
porschecb
If you get another one mark the cover with something big like maybe spray paint you plate number on it or anything else. some people steal just to steal. Some people steal to sell or use. Get the lock on the next one and mark it BIG.
HeloMech
I thought here in CA you HAD to mark your license plate number on the outside of the carcover or you would get fined by the popo.

Also, if they are indeed 'tweekers' who took the cover, you have to wonder if you locked a cover to the car, would they then take out frustration on the contents under the cover, ie, der 914...

I can't leave my 914 on the street. It's crammed into my cubicle sized garage with my motorcycle... workbench, toolbox, washer, dryer.. lol.

We're actually looking at buying a house with a 2-car garage now... so things are lookin up. Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sorry about the cover. Maybe pepperspray paintballs like the cops use for riot control.... that would ROCK a tweekers world.
mills914/s
[quote name='HeloMech' date='May 15 2007, 08:12 PM' post='901253']
I thought here in CA you HAD to mark your license plate number on the outside of the carcover or you would get fined by the popo.

Also, if they are indeed 'tweekers' who took the cover, you have to wonder if you locked a cover to the car, would they then take out frustration on the contents under the cover, ie, der 914...].......

Yep....Thats why it was not locked I thought about locking it but decided that if it got stolen that would be better than someone beating on it cause they were pissed. Tomarrow morning a bad as$ alarm is going in the 914. With a pager. Im going to adjust the sensor really sensitive so that it goes off easy. I used to do audio car systems I know some tricks. I have always wanted to hook a coil up to the door handles. But not sure if it would work..My girlfriend and I are trying to moveback to Aptos,CA and get a garage.
Thank you all for your support.
Seth
jimtab
Get yourself a pit bull with AIDS that'll teach em.....thieves suck...
scrz914
Sorry to hear Seth. I've wanted to buy one of those 914 'caps' that cover the windows and top but I could never pull the trigger because I know someone would steal it just because they could. The 911 targa 'cap' has straps that tuck in the doors and engine lid making them more secure. Too bad no one has made one like that for the 914. I haven't heard that term before: "tweekers".
BTW, I saw a silver 914 driving past the Domincan Hospital the other morning. Was that yours?

Tony
mills914/s
Hey Tony.
Silver on soquel by Dominican.. Yep it was me Im on soquel alot I live down the road a ways.
I seen a nice red 1 yesterday at my girlfriends work. Santa cruz medical. Any ideas?
Seth
dflesburg
MOVE!

The worst thing about Ohio - nothing happens here.
The best thing about Ohio - nothing happens here.
mills914/s
QUOTE(dflesburg @ May 17 2007, 09:30 AM) *

MOVE!

The worst thing about Ohio - nothing happens here.
The best thing about Ohio - nothing happens here.

My girlfriend and I want to move soon. (Not Ohio)
But yeah somewhere around here..Thinking Holister or aromas or Gilroy or something. Thought of moving to Cour de alene IDAHO..Have some family up there I dont know For now Im thinking salt rock and a 12 gauge.
dgw
People who steal your shit should just die. ar15.gif

My friend had the cover stolen off his Porsche in the library parking lot. He was just happy there was no damage to the car and chose to assume it was a homeless person trying to keep warm.

They should still die. ar15.gif
i work hard for my stuff.
So.Cal.914
I am sorry to hear that, I have a very sensative very loud alarm...And a gun.
jeeperjohn56
HeY Seth! Sorry to here about your cover,but aleast they didn't damage your car, you have a clean looking car. You can always buy a new cover, but fixing dents or paint job would be worst. The alarm sounds good it will at least maybe scare off. Got good news today,motor done and fired up today can pickup tomorrow or Saturday clap56.gif clap56.gif Keep in touch John
RoninEclipse2G
QUOTE(scrz914 @ May 16 2007, 11:24 PM) *

Sorry to hear Seth. I've wanted to buy one of those 914 'caps' that cover the windows and top

Ive been trying to find one of these! where are they???????

edit: nothing ever happens out in my neck of the woods, worst thing I have to worry about is my neighbor's drunkard of a wife putting dings in our doors after she comes home from the bar. 3 new ones in the last week and she won't even acknowledge it, I'm gonna have to sue if this doesn't stop ar15.gif
Dr Evil
The car cover can be found in the vendors section of this site. thumb3d.gif
robby750
"Tweekers"?? confused24.gif Must be a California thing.
mills914/s
Tweekers= METH SMOKING weirdos creeping around all night looking for stuff to take !!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.