Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT :"Ride your bike to work week"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gopack
I am planning on doing at least one round trip (14 miles each way), 2 if i can hack it after not riding all winter or spring! do your part and save the earth!

This is a good time for the lazy fat asses like me to make a commitment to better health and to a better world! the hard core guys have been on their bikes for the past 3 months already!
Who is with me!?

VaccaRabite
I did this all the time before I moved to PA.

But I am not sure that I could make the 90 miles a day on my bike.

It was best when I was walking to work. Living 1/5 mile from my office door rocked.

Zach
drewvw
ditto...i rode to work in the warm months for 5 years.

Its a little tougher now being 20+ miles round trip but i'll try.
Chris Pincetich
I bike 1 mi. to the train, 15 min train ride (BART), then 3 mi. bike to work every day beerchug.gif
I'm studying the maps to do the 10 mi. trip through the East Bay urban maze in one shot on Thursday May 17 aktion035.gif
eric914
Now if we could only get the poster child for climate change to stop buying carbon credits and actually change his life style to really be greener.

I bike when I can and the rest of the time I commute to work in my little VW golf. I hate it when I see some slob driving a hummer to work. It does make me smile though to think it is costing them something like 22 cents a mile in gas to drive the tank.
race914
Ok, if I have to

Click to view attachment

P.S. with the Bassani's it sounds better than my race car sad.gif

Ferg
For me it's a easy way to fit in a ride, and maximize time at home...

I ride almost every weekday, 2-4 of those days it's commuting to work. The rest is a good climb in the mountains during lunch.

Ferg
Demick
Only about 10 of the 25 mile trip from Pleasanton to Sunnyvale is safely rideable. So the only way my bike gets to work is on the top of my car. :-(
zymurgist
I'm with Zach. Commutes from hell + bikes don't mix.

I drive a Neon to work every day, though... over 30 mpg at speed... and today I parked next to a huge Toyota SUV with West Virginia plates. I bet I used about half as much gas today as its owner did.

(WV is just as far from Greenbelt as is the Ace Mechanic Garage and Brewery.)
Joseph Mills
I bike to work in the summer months when it's too hot to bike in the evening.

I go out at 6:30am and do a 22-32 mile loop that leads back to my house.

I have a home office. happy11.gif biggrin.gif

I do need to cut down on errands... I use them as an excuse to go drive. I gotta stop it.

toon1
I'd ride to work everyday if I could! the road I commute on...it would be a death sentence, tons of crazy drivers, it's scary enough in a car!
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
I work 4 days a week love to bike to work. But it,s 30 miles round trip , all of that on the Ohio Turnpike. At 69 i don't think I could pedel fast enought to go 65 mph. Honda civic gets 35 to 37 mpg. Dave slap.gif
nomore9one4
Has anyone seen my bike?
db9146
I ride mine almost every day its not raining.
DanT
QUOTE(race914 @ May 15 2007, 11:55 AM) *

Ok, if I have to

Click to view attachment

P.S. with the Bassani's it sounds better than my race car sad.gif

Nice bike Greg! clap56.gif Duece, right?
Been looking at bikes, including HD Electraglides, off and on for a year of more.
Working on convincing the wifey I need one really bad biggrin.gif
Used to ride all the time in high school and college...

now you went and got me thinking again... sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.