Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fast Teeners in Houston
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Joe Ricard
Looks like Fordahl, Jodi of Bremerton, WA has registered for the Houston National Tour. So that make two 914's

Come by and wish us luck driving.gif
jhadler
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ May 15 2007, 09:56 AM) *

Looks like Fordahl, Jodi of Bremerton, WA has registered for the Houston National Tour. So that make two 914's

Come by and wish us luck driving.gif

Too far for me, but good luck anyway!!!

I looked on the entry list and only saw Jodi, do you know if Greg is gonna drive at all???

-Josh2
watsonrx13
Good luck Joe and kick some BUTT..... rocking nana.gif

-- Rob
ConeDodger
Good luck JOE!!!! Team914World is behind you.
watsonrx13
OK, did you and the car make it to Texas?

Where's the administrator for this forum? What the hell is going on?

Pictures, thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

-- Rob
DerekKim
Haha the admin is kickin butti n Texas! Did the bushings go in well? Good luck and i second Rob. Pics pics pics!
J P Stein
I looked up the Tour results for Houston.
Looks like Joe brought a knife to a gunfight. biggrin.gif
It'll prolly look about the same as when I go to the Tour event up at Packwood
in August. Tour events have tough crowds.
Joe Ricard
Pretty big pond as JP likes to say.
Friday practice was a good indication of where we stood. The highly prepped turbo charged 3 rotor RX-7 with an engine management system worth more than my whole car stomped a full 1.2 seconds on us on a 25 second practice course. Then they blew up the transmission.
Leaving only the ex- BP national Champions in a 6 figure Z06 Vette of Stan Whitney and Su Brude. and an M3 with an LS1 in it.

Yea we brought a knife and a pretty sharp one in fact.

So we spent Friday fixing the push and learning to go REALLY fast.
Saturday competition was an awesome course that left us stunned. Car was flawless but we were still getting used to the very fast very very fast course. If Hassan could have put one good run down saturday we would have been in the trophies Sunday.

Sunday we brought out A game and Hassan had the 2nd fastest time in XP less than a second behind the ZO6. I however was not able to even come close to that crazy crap.

Oh and I tipped the scales at 1743 lbs. with a 1/4 tank of gas. smilie_pokal.gif

We finished 4th and 5th in X prepared which is no joke any more.

Met Chris and his dad from Houston Chris raced his Zambezi green 74 2.0 D jet car in DSP. His dad brought his very nice 70 914 6. Both of thier cars were nice with nearly no rust chips or dings.
URY914
Good job Joe!

+30 cars can still keep up. clap56.gif
Chris Pincetich
Sweet! Sounds like you guyz are making a great showing, all things considered. As soon as they institute a $$$ handicap, all the results of 914 vs. big dollar car races will show the 914 way out front. I beat some $40,000+ P-cars this weekend at the PCA AX, feels great. beerchug.gif

What motor was in there? Was the wing doin its thing?
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ May 21 2007, 12:36 PM) *

Sweet! Sounds like you guyz are making a great showing, all things considered. As soon as they institute a $$$ handicap, all the results of 914 vs. big dollar car races will show the 914 way out front. I beat some $40,000+ P-cars this weekend at the PCA AX, feels great. beerchug.gif

What motor was in there? Was the wing doin its thing?

Wing was doing it's thing as speeds were around high 50's in some spots.
Houston site is a rare and wierd bird. there are several large rolling humps in the parking lot.
so several places you were turning off camber and braking and turning over the crest. Not that I am complaining as the course was designed by Rich Johnson (read very good)

still to old hopped up 2.0L
Joe Ricard
http://media.putfile.com/mad-fast-teener
If you think you are fast try this. Enjoy...............
DrifterJay
awesome run Joe...
J P Stein
I looked, still think I"m fast.
Maltese Falcon
Joe, nice video
fast + light 914 --way to go biggrin.gif
I'll have a camera going in the CI car for next weeks Willow Springs short track event.
Nice wing fabrication too.
Marty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.