Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wire from Temp Gauge to Temp Sender
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aylanco
Greetings All,

I know about the factory supplied wire from under the center console that goes from the temp gauge to the temp sender. I am going to tackle hooking it up this weekend and would like to be prepared in the event that it is not there. Sooooo, how would one go about running a wire from the gauge to the sender, in other words, how would you route it out of the passenger compartment and into the engine compartment? Is there a hole somewhere behind the seats or some such thing?

Thanks!,
Dave_Darling
I would run it along the main wiring harness, which goes through the firewall. I was able to use coat-hanger wire to feed extra wires through the rubber "boot" that holds the harness between the engine shelf and the firewall, then fish it through after removing the cover on top of the rear of the center tunnel.

The stock wire has a connector under the battery tray, near where the throttle cable goes through the engine shelf. It goes across the front of the motor, and plugs into the "taco plate" at the bottom left front corner of the crankcase. Chances are, if your car never had the console, your engine doesn't have the sender for the gauge.

--DD
Spoke
I just did the same job on my 71. Actually found an unused brown wire about where the console would be. I traced the wire back to the relay board and across the relay board to the connector going to the engine. Made the job very easy as I just needed to route a wire from the engine connector to the temp sender.

Do you have any unused wires under the carpet by the shifter? Maybe the wire you need is already run to the relay board.

Spoke
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.