Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: missing front suspension 'stabilizer'
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BahnBrenner914
I was reading the Haynes manual and it has a front suspension stabilizer that mounts to the wheel well (or so it appears) and to the front control arm. My teener doesnt have one or even part of one on either side, is this a huge problem?
Spoke
The only thing that might be connected to the A-arm is the optional swaybar which goes through the wheel well and below the gas tank.
BahnBrenner914
QUOTE(Spoke @ May 15 2007, 10:01 PM) *

The only thing that might be connected to the A-arm is the optional swaybar which goes through the wheel well and below the gas tank.

Ah, so I'm not driving a death-trap (sounds like famous last words) but I could have swaybars... hmmm but I have no money for that headbang.gif
So.Cal.914
Watch the classifieds, I see deals on sways there once in a while.

I drove mine for years with out one, it's just a hell of alot better with. biggrin.gif
McMark
There are quite a few different sway bars. Post pictures and we can identify what you need.

And if you need any help identifying the items in your avatar, post more pictures of those too! w00t.gif
914nerd
What they refer to as the stabilizer that mounts to the A-arms is the front swaybar
tightens up the handling, but not necessary to drive it
BahnBrenner914
As for the swaybar, that will be in the future, no way I have money for it... sad.gif

And as for my girlfriends... 'hugging cushions' boldblue.gif boldblue.gif , she's flying out for a week and I'm planning on taking some pics of her with the porsche, my people girlfriend and my car girlfriend... laugh.gif
McMark
QUOTE(BahnBrenner914 @ May 16 2007, 11:49 AM) *

'hugging cushions' boldblue.gif boldblue.gif

av-943.gif
smj
QUOTE(BahnBrenner914 @ May 16 2007, 11:49 AM) *

And as for my girlfriends... 'hugging cushions'

Why is this making me think of the reupholstery thread -- removing the layers of coverings, with plenty of step-by-step pictures...? rolleyes.gif
BahnBrenner914
I told my girlfriend about this thread and she laughed, another sign she's a keeper wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.