Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TrackVision gauge overlay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
nine14cats
I've been playing with the TrackVision software that came with my Traqmate data acquisition unit that I installed in Lucille. You sync your data from the logger to the TrackVision software and you get gauges for things like RPM, speed, track position, etc. that is displayed on the video.

Take a look. Sorry about the size of the vid ~32MB, I haven't mastered the video compression yet.

TrackVision at Thunderhill

Thanks,

Bill P.
drew365
Bill; I couldn't get the link to work. I'd like to see the video. As per usual I'm a couple steps behind you. I've got the G2X data acq. and have been taking video of all my runs but haven't done much with either. I just got a new lap top yesterday so I can review video in the evening. I'd like to sync the G2X data and video at some point and I'm told the Track Vision software will work with the G2X data. How many hours do you have in your day? biggrin.gif
nine14cats
QUOTE(drew365 @ May 16 2007, 09:18 AM) *

Bill; I couldn't get the link to work. I'd like to see the video. As per usual I'm a couple steps behind you. I've got the G2X data acq. and have been taking video of all my runs but haven't done much with either. I just got a new lap top yesterday so I can review video in the evening. I'd like to sync the G2X data and video at some point and I'm told the Track Vision software will work with the G2X data. How many hours do you have in your day? biggrin.gif

Hi Andy,

I've had issues with this video not working on a few people's machines, including my work computer. It appears that the vid is fine with XP, but is hit or miss with 2000. The two changes I made in producing the video was having the raw file in MPEG-2 versus MPEG-1 (TrackVision seems to like MPEG-1 better) and then using the TrackVision software to produce the final compressed version. The end file is much larger than what I was doing on my other video software.

Let me know if your home and/or biz can receive 32MB files. I can e-mail it to you if you can't get it to download. I'm also trying to figure out how to produce smaller file sizes with decent resolution.

Thanks,

Bill P.
race914
Bill,

Good video! But caught you beating up on those poor street legal cars with license plates! chair.gif

See you at BW in two weeks! Are you running on Friday?

Greg
nine14cats
QUOTE(race914 @ May 16 2007, 11:36 AM) *

Bill,

Good video! But caught you beating up on those poor street legal cars with license plates! chair.gif

Greg

Busted!.... happy11.gif

I was running with NCRC that day. If you think about it, it's amazing how new cars nowadays can be driven to the track, flogged, and then driven home. Technology really does make a difference!

Doris and I will be there on Friday as well. We couldn't pass up making it a 3 day weekend!

Greg,

Have you been able to record data at different tracks? I've got Traqmate data for THill, BW, LS and Sears. Let me know if you want me to e-mail you the data files.

If you have some, I'd love to compare the data of a 914 and the Spec Boxster....

Bill P.
DanT
FYI on my Mac the video downloaded just fine biggrin.gif

see you guys late Friday or brite and early on Saturday.

Have to make sure all of you boys and girls behave yourselves next weekend. biggrin.gif

signed Chief Steward for the weekend happy11.gif
race914
I always behave on the track, why what do you mean?? happy11.gif

Cold Beer in my pit Friday night!!! I bought a growler of Firestone "Premium"!! First come, first served!
race914
QUOTE(nine14cats @ May 16 2007, 01:57 PM) *

QUOTE(race914 @ May 16 2007, 11:36 AM) *

Bill,

Greg

Busted!.... happy11.gif

I was running with NCRC that day. If you think about it, it's amazing how new cars nowadays can be driven to the track, flogged, and then driven home. Technology really does make a difference!

Doris and I will be there on Friday as well. We couldn't pass up making it a 3 day weekend!

Greg,

Have you been able to record data at different tracks? I've got Traqmate data for THill, BW, LS and Sears. Let me know if you want me to e-mail you the data files.

If you have some, I'd love to compare the data of a 914 and the Spec Boxster....

Bill P.

Hi Bill!

I couldn't resist the poke.gif

I did the same thing with Lead Foot Adventures and had a guy in a new Lotus Elise come over and ask me "what the hell is in that thing?!" My answer of "a four" didn't make his day!

I do have some Laguna files and would be glad to share them. I had a bad ground on my traqmate that i just fixed today so I should get some good files from BW. Let's trade!

Greg
drew365
I tried it again and it worked fine. I think if you zoom out so there is more track and less cockpit you'll get less whiteout. I like to see my hands on the wheel but the big black frame is messing up the cameras light setting. Maybe try taking it off Auto and play with a manual setting it might help. I like the overlay. I'll probably buy the software and give it a go. Just think, with all this technology and practice, we may end up as half assed drivers some day. biggrin.gif
race914
QUOTE(drew365 @ May 16 2007, 06:25 PM) *

I tried it again and it worked fine. I think if you zoom out so there is more track and less cockpit you'll get less whiteout. I like to see my hands on the wheel but the big black frame is messing up the cameras light setting. Maybe try taking it off Auto and play with a manual setting it might help. I like the overlay. I'll probably buy the software and give it a go. Just think, with all this technology and practice, we may end up as half assed drivers some day. biggrin.gif

Andy,

If you can't join us, at least come up to BW for a beer & BBQ and some good Porsche spectating! We're running Friday-Sunday! 5/25-27!

Greg
drew365
I'm leaving tomorrow for three days at California Speedway, so I doubt I'll run the next weekend. I'll consider going up to spectate.
nine14cats

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the advice on the camera. This was the first event with me using a wide angle lens, so after viewing the washed out video and the small windshield area, I thought I would have to adjust the zoom. I'm trying to get my hands in the frame if possible.

Never ending tweaks!

Bill P.
maitaiken
QUOTE(nine14cats @ May 17 2007, 09:40 AM) *

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the advice on the camera. This was the first event with me using a wide angle lens, so after viewing the washed out video and the small windshield area, I thought I would have to adjust the zoom. I'm trying to get my hands in the frame if possible.

Never ending tweaks!

Bill P.
Awesome video Bill! I thought I died and went to heaven when we got hot lap timers in car. What next? beerchug.gif
Ken...

maitaiken
Well it looks like I "clicked" on the wrong reply key. Komputers scare me. Anyway Bill what I wanted to say is that your in-car video is really awesome. I remember when I got a hot lap timer and thought I was hi-tech. n/s If you ever remove Luciles top would you post some pix of her roll cage? I am sure a lot of us would like to see it.
Ken...
nine14cats
QUOTE(maitaiken @ May 17 2007, 11:10 AM) *

Well it looks like I "clicked" on the wrong reply key. Komputers scare me. Anyway Bill what I wanted to say is that your in-car video is really awesome. I remember when I got a hot lap timer and thought I was hi-tech. n/s If you ever remove Luciles top would you post some pix of her roll cage? I am sure a lot of us would like to see it.
Ken...

I'd have to say I really like the ability to collect data and see what I'm doing in the car and look at laps from the camera. I think it makes a great training tool. I especially like the GPS for the track mapping and lap times...no more worrying about the lap timer beacon!

I will be doing maintenance on Lucille Friday night getting ready for this weekend's AX at the Stick. I'll shoot some pics of the cage while I'm cleaning her up and post them.

Thanks,

Bill P.
maitaiken
I can't wait to see Lucille topless. happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.