Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BPR product testing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
here are a couple of pics of my new battery...I am doing some testing for BPR.
I will be interested to see how it works on my car....Randal has been using it to crank and start his high C/R big bore 4 cylinder race motor...with Link injection and lots of other electrical goodies. biggrin.gif
check out the custom tray it sits in also....
by the way it weighs in at ............................................................11 pounds.
you can also get a glimpse of my newly painted engine compartment drooley.gif thumb3d.gif
DanT
And this one smile.gif
Allan
Looks small. If it has the power to crank a /6 on a cold day I'm good...
J P Stein
WOW......wireless batteries. What will they think up next?
DanT
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 16 2007, 09:43 PM) *

WOW......wireless batteries. What will they think up next?

no need for wires JP, the motor is not in yet....and the battery was in just for a quick pic....it is sitting on my bench right now.
And I am removing the old battery cables and installing new ones with the proper eyelet ends to work with this battery. biggrin.gif

I believe that Bill has been using one of these to start the Spec Boxster....IIRC
So.Cal.914
Looks like a Goldwing battery.
Chris Hamilton
Wow, that looks cool in the custom tray!

Interestingly it looks and weighs identical to one of the batteries at http://www.brailleauto.com.

Can we get some specs, especially amp/watt hours? The braille auto battery is only around 10AHr.
DanT
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ May 16 2007, 10:14 PM) *

Wow, that looks cool in the custom tray!

Interestingly it looks and weighs identical to one of the batteries at http://www.brailleauto.com.

Can we get some specs, especially amp/watt hours? The braille auto battery is only around 10AHr.

I know it is stronger than that, but I don't have the specs. will post them as soon as I hear back from BPR. smile.gif
Demick
Looks like the tray is already rusting.....
Chris Pincetich
If youz guyz want some testing done in a AX 914 that HAS a motor, let me know beerchug.gif
av-943.gif
I like to crank up the stereo between runs...gotta make sure it can handle that.
DanT
QUOTE(Demick @ May 17 2007, 08:23 AM) *

Looks like the tray is already rusting.....

thanks Demick dry.gif
the tray is made of stainless, it is discolored where the two parts were welded together.

the specs are as follows 200CCA, 14 amp hrs, dimensions are 3.3" wide, 5.8 long, 5.9 high and just a tad under 11#s. smile.gif

here you go....these pics show the tray polished....no more discolorations dry.gif
Demick
This looks like surface rust. So I guess it's just orange reflection from all that shiny orange paint??

Demick
DanT
close up....

wow, tough crowd. biggrin.gif

those first couple of pics were taken after dark with a flash so there may have been some orange reflection....
I took about 2 minutes to clean up with some metal polish...this is unpolished stainless that the tray is made out of.
Borderline
I need one! How much? Where do I place my order? pray.gif
DanT
QUOTE(Borderline @ May 17 2007, 05:41 PM) *

I need one! How much? Where do I place my order? pray.gif

Bill, I don't think they are quite ready for prime time...this is just a teaser to see if there is interest out there...
I am going to be doing some testing with my car to see how it works.
although if it will crank over Randal's killer 4 banger, I am sure it will work fine for me.

You could contact BillP or Randal to see what they have to say, but I think the ability to offer them to the general public is still a ways off.
Chris Pincetich
This one = 5.9" tall
Optima 34 Red = 7.8" tall
Sooo, if I want to use my current metal extra hold down clamp I need a 1.9" block of high density foam for the top of the mini...or maybe a nylon strap that is adjustable....or the SS tray is included?....ONLY if POLISHED stainless steel for me beerchug.gif
Price will be a factor. I like how the PC680 fits low and perfect in the OEM tray.
DanT
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ May 17 2007, 06:10 PM) *

This one = 5.9" tall
Optima 34 Red = 7.8" tall
Sooo, if I want to use my current metal extra hold down clamp I need a 1.9" block of high density foam for the top of the mini...or maybe a nylon strap that is adjustable....or the SS tray is included?....ONLY if POLISHED stainless steel for me beerchug.gif
Price will be a factor. I like how the PC680 fits low and perfect in the OEM tray.

the physical size is not as important as the weight...
this battery is at least 20 pounds lighter than a normal automotive battery...probably even more than that.
Demick
Yep. Optima 34R red top weighs in at 38 lbs.
DanT
QUOTE(Demick @ May 17 2007, 07:03 PM) *

Yep. Optima 34R red top weighs in at 38 lbs.

wow, even better...27+ pounds without having to cut anything clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.