Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buying an engine from Jake...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
i've been looking at jakes site for a while and notice they can do build up's of my current engine. i know that it will depend on what exactly i want, but for a middle of the line build from him, what am i looking at cost wise? what are the most common components upgraded? i have seen some of the extreme things he does, but is there a "usual"? dont know if this question came out right, but... anyone?
Joe Bob
Why don't you ask him for some references of owners with slightly warmed over motors.....
cnavarro
I could put you in touch with some of my LN customers who are also customers of Jakes. Have quite a few big four customers who have gone that route, as well as some with smaller engines using 96mm Nickies.

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
914rick
Give Jake a call and he will set up a time whereby you and he can have a long discussion about what you want. He will ask alot of questions. He will quote you a price at that time. Nice guy, no BS, but sure knows his stuff. He is just finishing up my 2270. He gives you better pricing if you say good things about him on this board. laugh.gif . He will stay in touch with you through the process. If I can help, Just PM me. Good Luck!!
Rick

cc: Jake Raby aktion035.gif
GWN7
If you buy an engine from Jake you will end up with "engine envy" from all your aircooled friends. smile.gif

(That should be worth 10% off a future rebuild) laugh.gif
ChrisReale
Im with GWN. I would envy you. Jake builds great motors, Id love to have one of his babies behind my seat
redshift
I am sure Jake builds great stuff, but the last thing I need is a kid wedged in between me and the backpad.

hehe

=oP

M
DuckRyder
I've talked to Jake and he told me he could do a "stock rebuild", it was quite a while back, but I assume he still would.

He is a real nice guy and easy to talk to. He doesn't put any pressure on, just tells you what he can do for you. It is well worth talking to him.

FWIW, I have never seen a post on someone unhappy with Jakes work either. pray.gif
Bleyseng
Just that Danny guy..........
cha914
I would say Jake's "usuals" are his 2056 and his 2270...just depends on how deep your pockets are. Personally I started talking to jake online(over at shoptalkforums) and on the phone about two years ago. Took me about 3months of discussions and saving, before I decided to go with a 2056 over a stock 2.0 rebuild, and I ended up adding a few more tricks ontop of that.

The motor came out great, its now the most reliable part of my car, and thats exactly what I wanted. Jake has been great through the whole process, answered all of my questions, and even helped me when I had problems with parts of my car that didn't invole his work.

I would recomend reading through the site a few more times, and then give him a call...and start saving tongue.gif

Tony
Jake Raby
My site is gettetting a rework between now and XMAS. MANY more combinations for the 914, and better descriptions of each.

I have no set prices for any engine build, each is custom and different.

As for stock engines, some things are changing for 2004 (actually a lot) And I will no longer offer a stock rebuild for a 914 engine, just a 2056. I may toss the idea of stock injection as well. Don't know yet, but all the announcements and changes will be on my site by xmas.

BTW, I'm working on a steady 7 month backlog at the present and its getting worse!
KJJ-74-914
Getting worse? I've seen your site and read reviews of your motors here and other places. You sir have a successful business in a time of downsizing and a terrible economic condition. This is a true reflection of your knowledge, customer service and quality builds. I'm sure many businesses that closed their doors this year wish their 7 mos. backlog were "getting worse"!

Maybe I'll be one of the next customers on the one year Raby waiting list!! Keep up the great work and good luck in 2004!! smilie_pokal.gif

Kirk
Jake Raby
Thank Ya....

The thing that keeps us going, and going stronger than most anyone else is the fact that I have built a business the old fashioned way. In todays times not many people deliver what they say, when they say, and the way they say. I do and I have.

I could be half as backlogged if I had another engine builder, or made things leave faster with half the time I sink into them- I don't and I won't..

I make the priocess very easy as well, I leave no guesswork to the customer and no areas that things can be goofed up on their behalf- All I do are complete engines, and thats what keeps us going on 18 hour days!

I'm glad you guys have noticed what I have been doing, and plan on providing the 914 owner with more and more options very soon, all listed on my site very detailed and easy to follow!

Another huge key is that I don't want to be a millionaire- Just make the best on earth!
StratPlayer
Jake, personally I'm really glad that you joined this BBS.... saving my money,,, I want one of your engines.
Jake Raby
Play me a tune......LOL
72914S
Say Jake, how far are you from Pensacola Fla.?If it`s not to far I would love to come by with "LIL RED" and compare notes(it was my first rebuild)I`m still breaking in the engine.I`ve only got about 100 mile on it so far.
Aaron Cox
i want a 2270. am i able to do this in my garage and have a top quality engine?

whats the range of prices for these.....
something that will last and have some mad power.... your "c" version i think.

$$??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.