Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roll Cage Kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
ChrisFoley
I'm putting together several roll cage kits right now. They will be ready to ship in a couple of weeks.
These will meet the minimum requirement for SCCA and PCA Club Racing. Material is 1 1/2" x .095 DOM.
Construction: Main hoop with diagonal and harness crossbar - attached to shoulder harness mounts, 2 forward hoops, crossbar above the windshield, single door bar both sides. Additional bars added on request
Estimated price is $650 plus shipping. I'll post more pictures as they become available.
Who wants one?

d914
thinking,,,,,Im up in the air on no cage, main hoop plus 2 slanted door bars (4 point) or your full cage...Track day car, to be street legal...Don't want to loose the daily drive once done...

What do you think of the 4 point, a little side protection and a good harness hook up?

the 300hp suby concerns me a bit???? I've got a little time yet on that decision..
TravisNeff
That is a great price Chris.
Aaron Cox
very cool.

what about just a hoop with door bars? for those that may do the cage in 2 stages.... (roll hoop.... and then window hoop when they go full track mode)
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 21 2007, 06:37 PM) *

what about just a hoop with door bars?

a waste of time imo. It doesn't stiffen the chassis enough and angled door bars that are high in the back are difficult to get past.
For competition the tube requirements for a roll bar are different than for a full cage. Also its very difficult to install the front half once the rear is permanently attached to the car.
Best way to do what you want is buy a bolt in roll bar and sell it when you want to install a full cage.

I'm nearly done with parts for 4 kits but ran out of tubing before I cut the door bars.
Still need to cut base plates too.
ChrisFoley
I got some shipping prices today.
Examples: Bay area - $105; Miami - $90; SE Michigan - $80.

ChrisFoley
OK,
The introductory price is $675. I have 4 for sale at this price. After that the regular price will be $750.
I can ship them FedEx Ground for $100 or less to most of the country.
Check/Money Order/Paypal accepted. (sales at tangerineracing dot com)

spaceshuttle
Bought and received the cage and his reinforcement kit from Chris this month.
Prompt service and great workmanship.

Larry C.
turbo914v8
If you’re looking for a cage in kit form Chris is the man for the job. He created a masterpiece of a complete cage for my little monster 914. Great, no excellent workman ship and precise fit. I am extremely pleased with the product and would recommend using his services.
tomeric914
QUOTE(turbo914v8 @ Jan 13 2008, 11:09 AM) *

If you’re looking for a cage in kit form Chris is the man for the job. He created a masterpiece of a complete cage for my little monster 914. Great, no excellent workman ship and precise fit. I am extremely pleased with the product and would recommend using his services.

Masterpiece is an understatement! I opted for the cage that allows both seats to push all the way back. Fit like a glove!

Note, not the prettiest picture below, but you get the idea.

Click to view attachment
Johns474
How much for the cage and reinforcement kit, and where do I need to go to place an order? I’m still new to 914 world.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Johns474 @ Sep 24 2013, 01:30 PM) *

How much for the cage and reinforcement kit, and where do I need to go to place an order? I’m still new to 914 world.

I just saw this.
There's more info on my webpage here
If you email me Chris Foley I can give you a firm price for a custom kit including shipping once I have the details of the cage you want and where it'll be shipped to.
Eric_Shea
icon_bump.gif may be picking one up at Hershey.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.