Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you align all the cockpit seals?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
For those of you who have done this before, How do you go about making sure that all of the seal channels are installed in the optimum position to give you the best sealing?

I've noticed that the channel pieces for the windshield, vertical targa, and horizontal targa top seals have a diagonally slotted hole for the mounting screws.

This seems like a good thing because it allows some adjustment when trying to get the best seal possible, BUT, from what I can tell, the only way to really get an accurate measurement is if the seal is in the channel and you can make necessary adjustments.

The biggest problem I see with this is that the seal has to be installed in the channel for this to work but, with the seal installed, you can't make the adjustments because the screws are covered.

Advize please...
Allan
Just re-installed the exterior door handles.

I've heard it can be a real PITA but it actually went fairly well. (30 minutes?)
Maltese Falcon
Click to view attachmentAllan, here's an interesting DIY article from a past "Panorama".
I use a mild soap/water mix when installing the outer door-window seals (in the slot) and lots of persuading sad.gif
Marty
jk76.914
Lookin for the same advice... don't want to risk my new front door/top seal by having to adjust it after it's installed....

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...mp;#entry894522
PRS914-6
So reading the article it would seem that the later tops were the change and not the body? This is good timing since I am just starting to block my top for paint. Don't want to do all the work if an upgrade is in order......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.