Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: can anyone explain this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
apparently cleaning up the FI components and then spraying some shiny stuff on them doubles or quaduples the price someone will pay for what is basically a 30 year old bunch of parts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2446535923

Ebay is funny.

dr
fiid
The thing that is funny is that someone will pay for it. Ebay is just the conduit for the transaction.
DuckRyder
What is funny to me is that someone would remove a perfectly good injection system.

chair.gif
DrifterJay
How tempthing, I have a complete 72 1.7 fuel injection sitting in my garage...should bust out the Pledge and try to sell it... wink.gif
Bleyseng
I don't think its that bad of a deal to buy if you need or want to reinstall the Djet FI. It makes the car completely stock and orginal which bumps the worth of the car up.
It also runs better....

Geoff
Qarl
It's all about the bling bling, baby!
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
I see nothing wrong with what i saw! He is just displaying his item to it,s best ,clean shinny! On the other hand no one puts a gun to any one's head to buy.
sometimes i wonder what some one is thinking that will post on E-Bay some greasy dirty part and it sets there for a week and does,'t sell. Appearance is not the only criteria, but it can,t hurt. my 2 cents Dave smilie_flagge6.gif
TheCabinetmaker
It's not any cleaner or shinier than my 2.0 Fi system, and mine is in my car!

The price is not that bad for a complete unit. A good mps can run 200 or better and he has two of them.

I do question why it was removed if it all worked. Maybe a rebuild with monster cam and crank?
machina
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Dec 9 2003, 08:54 AM)

The price is not that bad for a complete unit. A good mps can run 200 or better and he has two of them.

I do question why it was removed if it all worked. Maybe a rebuild with monster cam and crank?

Hey, I am all for cleaning things up and all. I'm just saying that the parts are completely untested. Just because the car was running doesn't mean all the components are working correctly.

What good are 2 MPS sensors if they are not working?

dr
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(synthesisdv @ Dec 9 2003, 06:58 AM)
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Dec 9 2003, 08:54 AM)

Hey, I am all for cleaning things up and all. I'm just saying that the parts are completely untested. Just because the car was running doesn't mean all the components are working correctly.

What good are 2 MPS sensors if they are not working?

dr

Hence my statement:
I do question why it was removed if it all worked.

The price is not that bad for a complete unit.

Should have said, "for a complete, working unit"!

I would always be suspect of a unit taken off to install carbs on a stock engine. Could be because something is major wrong, or could be he doesn't know how to adjust the tps, or idle adjustment. Or he could be a total dumbass. I have no intention of bidding anyway, so I guess I'll never know. Even if it did need an mps, it could still be worth the price for someone who really wants the original system on their car. A complete system could triple that price if components were bought seperatly(ask Geoff).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.