RoadGlue
Hi Mark,

Friday - Arrive, Meet & Greet, Beer-N-Brats
Saturday - ESCA Autocross
Sunday Morning - Wash-N-Shine, Car Show, Tech Quiz
Sunday Afternoon - Coastal Drive and Group Pictures
Sunday Evening - Closing Dinner, Raffle, Thanks
Monday Morning - Goodbyes

Let's get some of the specific times nailed down if that's possible at this point.

> Friday - Arrive, Meet & Greet, Beer-N-Brats

Friday looks like it's going to be pretty informal. I'm sure there will be late arrivals, etc. When and where is the Beer-N-Brats gathering taking place?

> Saturday - ESCA Autocross

What time do we need to be at the gates? How do we let the organizers know that we're "in" with the WCR? Good job on getting this together!

Do we want to put another optional dinner/beer thing together for Saturday evening? That way people can exchange war stories from the AX over some cold ones. smile.gif There's a great brewery up in Healdsburg, and I'll likely head there right after the race. Good parking there too (normally), though we'd kill them if we all showed up at once. Yikes.

> Sunday Morning - Wash-N-Shine, Car Show, Tech Quiz
> Sunday Afternoon - Coastal Drive and Group Pictures
> Sunday Evening - Closing Dinner, Raffle, Thanks

Wow! That's a LOT to fit into one day. Are you sure you don't want to move some of those things back over to Sat, or are you worried that people are going to be too wiped out on Saturday to do anything else?

We won't need to do a catered lunch out at the lake, which is good considering the size of the group. Will people need to fend for themselves? I need to make that food guide still...

So what are you thinking regarding the timeline on Sun? Something like this maybe:

Wash-N-Shine: 9:14 - 10:14
Car Show: 10:30 - 11:30
Tech Quiz: 11:30 - Noon
Lunch: Noon - 1:30
Tour Starts at 1:30, ends around 4 (right?)
Dinner: 6 PM'sh

How's that all sound?
RoadGlue
I was also thinking about putting together an alternative list of things to do on Sat for the people who won't be auto-x'ing. I'll be auto-x'ing, so this will be a hand out for people to use on their own.

What do you think?
McMark
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ May 23 2007, 11:15 AM) *

> Friday - Arrive, Meet & Greet, Beer-N-Brats

Friday looks like it's going to be pretty informal. I'm sure there will be late arrivals, etc. When and where is the Beer-N-Brats gathering taking place?

Just in the parking lot. I'll bring my propane BBQ over and it'll be a help yourself type situation. VERY informal. wink.gif

> Saturday - ESCA Autocross

What time do we need to be at the gates? How do we let the organizers know that we're "in" with the WCR? Good job on getting this together!

Do we want to put another optional dinner/beer thing together for Saturday evening? That way people can exchange war stories from the AX over some cold ones. smile.gif There's a great brewery up in Healdsburg, and I'll likely head there right after the race. Good parking there too (normally), though we'd kill them if we all showed up at once. Yikes.

We need to be at the gates between 8:30 and 9:15 (IIRC, I will confirm). It won't matter who's 'in' the WCR. I need to register everyone as members of ESCA, and then each person will pay their $30 to run for the day.

I think it'll be best to leave a little time as 'unspecified'. People can get their own dinners and do their own thing. A little decompress time before the Sunday blitz. If you want to head a group up to the brewery, that'd be great for those who wish to join up.

> Sunday Morning - Wash-N-Shine, Car Show, Tech Quiz
> Sunday Afternoon - Coastal Drive and Group Pictures
> Sunday Evening - Closing Dinner, Raffle, Thanks

Wow! That's a LOT to fit into one day. Are you sure you don't want to move some of those things back over to Sat, or are you worried that people are going to be too wiped out on Saturday to do anything else?

Well, basically it'll work as morning until 2pm will be hang out in the parking lot (note to self: need shade), 2pm head out on the tour, 5:30 Lake Sonoma to take pictures, back to the hotel and 7ish go get dinner. I expect the AX to run until 5:30, so I don't think we can really fit anything else in there. The morning portion of Sat will all run concurrently and will be low-key. Does that make it sound better? Or is it still crazy?

One question, I'm now thinking of the Santa Rosa brewery (5th Street?) for the dinner. Last time we were there I was looking at the upstairs and it looks like they have a 'private' area. I need to call them about it. I'm looking for something that isn't going to kill me. I have a feeling I'll be putting $2000 or so into this event when it's all said and done. wacko.gif
McMark
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ May 23 2007, 11:24 AM) *

I was also thinking about putting together an alternative list of things to do on Sat for the people who won't be auto-x'ing. I'll be auto-x'ing, so this will be a hand out for people to use on their own.

What do you think?

Super. I'll put it in the handout.
RoadGlue
QUOTE(McMark @ May 23 2007, 08:29 PM) *

One question, I'm now thinking of the Santa Rosa brewery (5th Street?) for the dinner. Last time we were there I was looking at the upstairs and it looks like they have a 'private' area. I need to call them about it. I'm looking for something that isn't going to kill me. I have a feeling I'll be putting $2000 or so into this event when it's all said and done. wacko.gif

$2000 is way too much. Without seeing all the numbers, I can only guess that you probably should have charged more for the participation fee. Do you have any ideas on how you can recoup the difference?

How much per head can you budget for dinner? Is this the Sun night dinner, with awards and such? If so, the 3rd Street Ale Works might not be the best idea. First, it's REALLY loud in there. Second, it's REALLY loud in there. smile.gif Secondly (pt. 2) parking 40 914s downtown would require that they all park in the pay lot.

Per the 3rd street's site, they can only handle 50 people seated:
http://www.thirdstreetaleworks.com/restaurant.html

There's a hip mexican / southwest restaurant in downtown SR called "The Cantina". Parking wouldn't be any better, but people can do the lots. I just called them, and they can handle up to 400 person private events. It's a cool place, reasonable prices and it gets my first vote. You can call them at (707) 523-3663 to set it up, or to get more info.

If you want to go a little more generic, you might consider Chevys in Railroad Square. They've got a LOT of room as well, and can likely handle the 914 crowd without so much as flinching. http://www.chevys.com (707) 571-1082

I called the Union Hotel Italian/Pizza joint in SR, and they can only handle 60 people, and that's on the patio.

I'll CC your email account on this,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.