Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel Adaptors & Spacers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fiid
Hey all,

Most people seem to not like the 4 lug to 5 lug bolt on adaptors, but seem to be okay with wheel spacers - which got me to thinking .... why is one okay but not the other - since they do very much the same thing. Are the odd distances involved in the different geometries causing pressure spots???

Just now I ran accross these on EBAY: Long-ass ebay link

Which got me to thinking - can you get a reverse version of this? As Mueller knows - you need spacers to put regular rice rims on 914s anyway - so why not have a spacer that gives a more common bolt pattern - lowering the cost of the wheels????

What d'yall think????

Fiid.
MDB2.gif

P.S. 500th Post!!!!!!!
Kerrys914
When I looked into this the issue last year the main reason not to use them was one or two of the new holes are VERY close to the original holes causing a "weak" point.

The spacers only have one pattern on them not two. This keeps plenty of material between the stud holes.

If the new pattern was very different from the 4x130 you may have more material between the stud holes, unlike the 5x130 adapters.

Cheers
Kerry
fiid
I like the idea of a 5x130 to a 5 lug rice rims (5x112 or something?) adaptor, that has appropriate width to allow for the different offsets.

Fiid.
r_towle
to add to this...

What are the widest spacers that people are happy with using the wide rear flares???

I have 9" panasports with about a 1 inch spacer and I still have room...looks like 11 inch flares....

Rich
redshift
I've seen smiling faces brag about their 2" spacers.

Adapting from 4 to 5 requires something different than a spacer, and I would not want to test corner loading my car, a hard bar, and adaptors.

It resembles a spider, you've seen them?

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.