Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dashboard fitting - a once in a lifetime experience!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
autohausdolby
My car is going for dip stripping and e-coating on the 5th of June, then it's coming back to me, I'm fitting the dash buck, and it's going roll cage fitting. Once the cage is fitted the dash cannot come back out again.

I don't want to get myself into any "oh noes!" type situations later on, so is there anything that needs to go behind the buck before it is fitted? I've never owned a 914 in one piece so I've got no idea biggrin.gif
McMark
I don't recall anything that needs to go in first.
Tobra
What about the seal on the inside bottom of the windshield?
Dr Evil
nope, afterwards.
autohausdolby
Sweet, thanks everyone!
flesburg
Hello:

Are you having the entire unit body e-coated?

You can get it back out with a roll cage installed.

We have a safety devices cage in the car and have removed not only the dashboard covering, but the sheet metal "frame" below it. Not at all easy to come out, but can be done. The windshield was out, but I do not think that helped. We did not reinstall it however.

If you enjoy laying on your back in the car with the seats and shifter out you can install everything while the dash is in the car. If not, install all of it while the dash is out of the car. It is a lot easier to wire on a bench.

PS. I'd like to get a passenger side arm rest from a right hand drive car. I believe I saw a picture years ago, and that your passenger side are rest is a mirror of US passenger side arm rests. Any ideas or suggestions?
autohausdolby
Yep, the body is going to be dip stripped then dip e-coated. It's expensive though!

Do you mean armrests for 914s? As far as I know the 914 was never officially sold here, and the only RHD cars will custom converted by Crayford, a coach builder. My 4 was from San Diego and my 6 was from Switzerland smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.