Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wash and Shine type Concours in Denver
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Ferg
Two upcoming shows in the Denver area. both topside charity events.

http://www.rmrporscheclub.com/staticpages/...ts/charity.aspx

and

http://www.rmrporscheclub.com/staticpages/.../concourse.aspx

I will be judging and showing at both, I'll take some pics and report back .

Ferg smile.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Ferg @ May 24 2007, 02:42 PM) *

Two upcoming shows in the Denver area. both topside charity events.

http://www.rmrporscheclub.com/staticpages/...ts/charity.aspx

and

http://www.rmrporscheclub.com/staticpages/.../concourse.aspx

I will be judging and showing at both, I'll take some pics and report back .

Ferg smile.gif

Excellent!

Let us know how it comes out - pics would be icing on the cake.
Ferg
Well, show number one is over. This was a new event so turnout was lite. Location was poor, but all was good since it was for charity. It was also a event that included other cars besides Porsche's so interesting mix of hotrods, Harleys and Porsches. Anyhow, I didn't judge as they had enough when I showed up. I did enter my car, but the classes were divided into Pre 74 and 74 and later, so I was in the class with all the modern stuff. That was ok since I could not wait long enough for results. Had to get home to the kids.

Now for pics.

Best color combo for a tub IMO...
Click to view attachment

Best color combo for a long nose IMO biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment

RHD Supercharged 928 blink.gif
Click to view attachment

30k orig mile 930, all orig paint, and spotless drooley.gif
Click to view attachment

911s with very built 3.0 driving.gif
Click to view attachment

smile.gif
Click to view attachment

Real Speedster found at the bottom of a local lake blink.gif
Click to view attachment
Ferg
This one plows through corners rolleyes.gif
Click to view attachment

Move'n to Beverly
Click to view attachment

My son Hudson on my friends Ural
Click to view attachment

Desoto
Click to view attachment

A face only a mother could love smile.gif
Click to view attachment

Slider
The Speedster found in the lake is that the one that was found in Ft Collins up at the Horsetooth Resevoir? i remember that newspaper article from a few years ago while i lived in Fort Collins i always wondered what happened to it.

i still have the article somewhere around here..

Slider
Ferg
Yes, that's the one!

A local collector has it now. He's the same guy who holds the Gumund event every other year at his property, and house's his collection in very nice barns that replicate the original Gumund factory. blink.gif

Ferg
TJB/914
QUOTE(Ferg @ May 29 2007, 07:25 PM) *

This one plows through corners rolleyes.gif
Click to view attachment

Move'n to Beverly
Click to view attachment

My son Hudson on my friends Ural
Click to view attachment

Desoto
Click to view attachment

A face only a mother could love smile.gif
Click to view attachment

Michael (Ferg)

Thanks for the pictures, hope you enjoyed the experience.

Tom
BTW: The first picture of the Porsche tractor is interesting. I wonder how & where I could order a factory Porsche logo like the one on the tractor. I love collecting this kind of stuff. Anyone know???
Slider
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jun 5 2007, 01:31 PM) *

Yes, that's the one!

A local collector has it now. He's the same guy who holds the Gumund event every other year at his property, and house's his collection in very nice barns that replicate the original Gumund factory. blink.gif

Ferg

thats great i remember they found it as they were draining the resevoir to do work on it if remember right there was some thoughts that it was tearing around the resevior and the driver lost control and it went in the water never to be found it was rumored to be in there since the 80's i believe or maybe it was the 70's they must have found that in like 2000 or 2001
Could you send me the full size pic if its bigger than what you posted i would like to have a copy.
chris@togobeyond.net

thanks
Chris
Ferg
Well, Both Events are now Past...

Good news is I just found out I got second in the first event, you see in the pictures above. The catagory was 1974 to Present Porsche's so I had some healthy competition. drunk.gif

I need some time to download some pics from yesterday. The "big" show was great!
Over 400 cars(sports and exotics), I was in a group of 4 that judged over 20, in 90 degree heat. Those white coats get HOT. Anyhow, in my judging group we had Mercedes, Acura (NSX's), Lotus, and some Datsuns. driving.gif

Great show that raised big $$ for charity. clap56.gif

I again had to leave early, and was not present while they were judging my car, since I was judging a 300sl at the time, but I heard I scored well. I should know my placing soon.

Ferg
Ferg
Just got a envelope in the mail last night with a first place ribbon and my scoring sheets from the second event clap56.gif .

I am still trying to find out who I was up against, since there were only two 914's there being judged, I was told we were being combined into another class, I have yet to learn what class that was though...

The good news is that many of the issues I lost points on (rough paint in door jambs, non orig steering wheel, ect) are all things I have since addressed.

I will of course now take a hit having early style bumpers on a 74, but confused24.gif I'm not worried.

Ferg driving.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jul 10 2007, 07:58 AM) *

Just got a envelope in the mail last night with a first place ribbon and my scoring sheets from the second event clap56.gif .

Ferg driving.gif

Excellent clap56.gif Getting the car ready for Charlotte next year, or barring that, certainly the Colorado Parade? Again, kudos thumb3d.gif

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.