Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pump crash sensor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Phoenix-MN
As I have been working on my fuel system I started thinking one of these might be a good idea. Anyone else ever used something like this.

http://www.sensata.com/files/fco_resettabldash_sensors.pdf

Seems pretty simple to install and would add some safety to the overall fuel system.

Paul
RoninEclipse2G
kinda like Ford's they can be touchy tho, hit a big enough pothole or go down the wrong dirt road and the car will die on you
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ May 25 2007, 09:39 AM) *

As I have been working on my fuel system I started thinking one of these might be a good idea. Anyone else ever used something like this.

Seems pretty simple to install and would add some safety to the overall fuel system.

Paul

With D or L jet, your fuel pump stops when your engine stops, and your engine stops when your fuel pressure drops. The nice folks at Bosch were thinking of you, all those years ago! The Cap'n
Phoenix-MN
Pot holes - Minnesota Ha! poke.gif

D-Jet or L-Jet, not my cup of tea. (but good information to know)

I'm using a Holley TBI system with my 3.8 V6 so something like this could be benificial since the stock system would not be available.
andys
The Ford inertia switch is actually quite good, and used on kit car appications quite often. I've owned a '98 Explorer since new, and the inertia switch has never tripped; rough roads, pot hole, et al.

Andys
Phoenix-MN
ANDYS,
Thanks for the info, I think I'll drop by the local Ford dealer and pick one up.

Paul
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ May 25 2007, 10:02 AM) *

Pot holes - Minnesota Ha! poke.gif

D-Jet or L-Jet, not my cup of tea. (but good information to know)

I'm using a Holley TBI system with my 3.8 V6 so something like this could be benificial since the stock system would not be available.

As with other technical questions, you're FAR more apt to get the right answers if you let the list know what kind of car, and what engine setup you have, when you ask the question .......................... It's highly unlikely I'm the only one here who didn't know you had a V6 in your car, and we still don't know for sure it's even a 914 .............

The Cap'n
RoninEclipse2G
QUOTE(andys @ May 25 2007, 11:33 AM) *

The Ford inertia switch is actually quite good, and used on kit car appications quite often. I've owned a '98 Explorer since new, and the inertia switch has never tripped; rough roads, pot hole, et al.

Andys

never seen em trip on suv's or trucks, plenty of suspension to take the impact, but they trip all the time in cars. when I worked at the auto parts store and roughly 75% of the time people came in looking for fuel pumps or relays for the pump it was actually the switch. and teeners have less travel and are stiffer than your average ford. my friend had to bypass it on his focus after modding the suspension. went off all the time.
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ May 25 2007, 08:39 AM) *

Paul

All your questions and more can be answered from the link in my signature - it's one click away

--------------------

Paul
[URL=http://www.phoenixhobbies.com/html/project_914.html]
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 25 2007, 11:23 AM) *

As with other technical questions, you're FAR more apt to get the right answers if you let the list know what kind of car, and what engine setup you have, when you ask the question .......................... It's highly unlikely I'm the only one here who didn't know you had a V6 in your car, and we still don't know for sure it's even a 914 .............

agree.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ May 25 2007, 11:42 AM) *

All your questions and more can be answered from the link in my signature - it's one click away

actually, it's one "open new browser window, copy & past his url, hit GO button" away as your signature "link" wasn't implemented as a actual link ...
biggrin.gif Andy
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 25 2007, 11:53 AM) *

actually, it's one "open new browser window, copy & past his url, hit GO button" away as your signature "link" wasn't implemented as a actual link ...
biggrin.gif Andy

I stand corrected sad.gif I guess I've never tried to click on any url's in peoples sig's before.
RoninEclipse2G
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ May 25 2007, 02:10 PM) *

biggrin.gif Andy

I stand corrected sad.gif I guess I've never tried to click on any url's in peoples sig's before.

your sig just needs adjustment, I think you need to remove the brackets, etc.
SirAndy
all you need to do to make it a real hotlink is to copy & past the following into your signature:

CODE

[url=http://www.phoenixhobbies.com/html/project_914.html]http://www.phoenixhobbies.com/html/project_914.html[/url]

bye1.gif Andy

PS: note the difference in syntax from your current signature ...
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ May 25 2007, 01:10 PM) *

biggrin.gif Andy

While I'm interested in helping people by answering their questions, I'm not particularly interested in working very hard at finding out the details I need to assure the accuracy of my response. IOW, if you want a useable answer, it's up to you to ask the question in such a way that it gives me the particulars that I need to make the answer you get accurate and correct. The Cap'n
DSM
Simply use the oil sender switch to pull the fuel pump relay. I did this yrs ago on a weber setup. No oil pressure, no fuel.
iamchappy
I've seen Pauls work, nothing short of meticulous and totally magnificent.....

The 930's have a roll over sensor in the CIS intake pendulum that cuts off the fuel pump..
Phoenix-MN
Andy,
Thanks for the help with the signature

My own hijack biggrin.gif
David,

David, did you get your e-brake figured out?

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.