Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My fuched up weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ws91420
Or know where I can get one? Also if your feeling the need to wrench tomorrow I am trying to do a engine transplant in Leesburg. Will try to check back here occ. but only have dial up here mad.gif barf.gif
VaccaRabite
I was able to find metric triple squares at Auto Zone, cheap.

Zach
ws91420
Thanks no Auto Zone nearby will get next week. So much for my motor swap this w/e.
Dr Evil
Vice grips biggrin.gif
ws91420
Well one bolt held me up from swapping motors. Didn't have a pair of vice grips that I could get on the bolt. So drive th 76 w/ the 2.0 still in it home and about a mile away from the house accelrating away from the stoplight shift and tap tap tap from the driver side of the engine. Pull off quickly shut it down and curse profusly. Well restart it and drove rest of way home no loss of power but the tapping w/ change of motor speed. headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
ws91420
Next step now get the car back to Leesburg to do an autopsy. I'm hoping I will be able to rent or find someone with a flat car trailer to get it back there.
Dr Evil
Dude sad.gif Did your tranny shit the bed?
ws91420
Don't think so. Either engine or clutch. Won't know till I can get it somewhere to pull it all out. (crossing fingers for clutch)
Dr Evil
I got some good pressure plates over at Scotts house in Frederick if you need one. Let us know whats up and we can see what we have. This isnt on the tranny that I rebuilt is it?
ws91420
Yep never got to do the swap this w/e and this is how it treats me
bob
Welby-
man that sucks! I just saw your tool request.. I have one if you still need it, shoot me a PM... if it's clutch, I just replaced mine last weekend, I replaced everything in there with some NOS stuff, so if you need a PP or flywheel.. lemme know!

-bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.