Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starter -quick and easy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Boldylocks
I would like to replace the starter of my 914 (73 1.7L( but it sounds a little more difficult
than I wish to attempt, but I would be willing to switch out the solenoid if
that is possible...Is it?
Does the whole starter have to be removed. PLUS, arent
there NEW starters available for 70 -75 bucks???

Right now -after discussing the starter problem about 6 weeks ago, I travel with a rubber mallet and dont travel often. The car will not start after it has warmed up, but starts without a problem when cold...
Solenoid problem for sure -right- and I would like to simply replace the solenoid but I get the impression that Im dreaming. confused24.gif
ChrisReale
The starter is hella easy to remove and replace. Remove the wires, the one bolt on the lower side of the starter (under the car) and the bolt inside the engine compartment.
Gint
It would almost certainly be easier to remove the starter, and then the solenoid (if you decide to just replace it), than it would be to remove the solenoid fwith the starter in the car.
Eric Taylor
Yeah, it's really easy, I would recomend removing the air cleaner first , getting to the engine side bolt can really suck with out it.
Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.