Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blacked Out Trim - Who has it?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
customstarr
My '71 came without the roof/targa vinyl, and I've been thinking about doing the sail and targa trim in Wurth Satin Black Trim Paint (love that stuff!)

I was looking at the car and pondered doing all of the chrome trim in Satin Black. My car doesn't have the appearance package (chrome bumpers) so it would be more of a monochrome scheme: Signal Orange and Satin Black. I can't decide if losing the chrome/polished aluminum trim accents would ruin or date the look of the car.

Blah, blah, blah... I guess my point is, I'd love to see some pics.
SirAndy
QUOTE(customstarr @ May 25 2007, 05:20 PM) *

My '71 came without the roof/targa vinyl, and I've been thinking about doing the sail and targa trim in Wurth Satin Black Trim Paint (love that stuff!)

I was looking at the car and pondered doing all of the chrome trim in Satin Black. My car doesn't have the appearance package (chrome bumpers) so it would be more of a monochrome scheme: Signal Orange and Satin Black. I can't decide if losing the chrome/polished aluminum trim accents would ruin or date the look of the car.

even porsche thought that this was cool looking. thumb3d.gif

here's a car in stock, non-appearance-group trim:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

customstarr
Yep... that's pretty much what my car looks like as it stands - the sail trim is body color - yet the windshield, vertical door/glass weather strip trim, and the quarter window trim is aluminum.

ConeDodger
From the factory...
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(customstarr @ May 25 2007, 04:20 PM) *

..here are some pics of what Steve Malm did AND how he did it:
http://www.malmz.com/signatur/914widebody/windshieldtrim.htm
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
This mine all trim and sale panels black

since this picture the top was sanded

smooth and painted body color.

Dave slap.gif
blitZ
I'm changing all my chrome trim to black. Still have part of the window trim and windshield to do.
Allan
Here is what my car looked like before I painted it. Top and sail panels are now body color but the targa trim has been polished out.
Coy
Here's a Mostly blacked out 74 - The side window & wing window trim is still crome.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

HeadRage; your car turned out great!
wbergtho
Here's my blacked out (satin black powder coated) trim.
tyler
Mine's a '70 but I've got the later black bumpers, so after painting it orange I blacked out all the trim (powdercoated). I think this looks best against the orange, with another color it might not look so good and maybe not with chrome bumpers.
race914
Signal Orange with black trim!

Click to view attachment
customstarr
Frickin' awesome! Thanks guys - great examples.
2-OH!
I'm one of those weird folks that do not like chrome...So everything on this one is either painted or blacked out...You can't see it from this angle, but the mirrors are also painted...

2-OH!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.