Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Track Tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
HalM
For those of you with a stock 4 bolt / 15" wheels setup, what size and brand of rubber are you running for DE's and AX? Looking at the TireRack site, there doesn't seem to be many options.

I did a quick search on this without much luck, so I thought I would open it up for discussion.

J P Stein
QUOTE(HalM @ May 26 2007, 05:59 AM) *

For those of you with a stock 4 bolt / 15" wheels setup, what size and brand of rubber are you running for DE's and AX? Looking at the TireRack site, there doesn't seem to be many options.

I did a quick search on this without much luck, so I thought I would open it up for discussion.

You're right, the few options are not very good ones.
A 205 section tire is pretty much the smallest size in performance tires.
This is iffy for a 5.5 inch wide rim....marginal for a 6 inch rim and they are happy on a 7 inch wide jobbie. R spec tires (the weapons of choice for AX are 710s & A6s) are considerabily wider that a street tire given the same listed cross section....they cheat.
That said, guys run em' on 5.5s. confused24.gif
SirAndy
i have seen quite a few guys running the falken azenis 205 on 5.5" rims.
they are a decent AX/DE tire but they are no race tire either ...

bye1.gif Andy

http://www.falkentire.com/rt615_sizes.html

grantsfo
If your looking for dedicated tire its hard to beat Kuhmo 710's or Hoosier R6 in 205/50/15 size. Avon makes a slick too and its on sale at Tire Rack for $119! If you want somthing that can be driven to event try Nitto NT01.
woobn8r
A great all purpose ultra high performance street/track tire is the Bridgestone Potenza RE 01R...it comes in 195/50R15...perfect for a 914....
I don't think you'll be runnin for FTD at an a/x with these...but you can drive'em anywhere in rain or dry and go lapping all day....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.