Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front sway bar drop link install question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qball
Installing a stock front sway bar and looking to put the drop links in to finish the job. I noticed that on both links one end of the rings are kicked off at a slight angle. Can anybody tell me how these are situated? The only picture I can find does'nt show it. Thanks beerchug.gif
skline
If you set the car down on all 4's and hold the link up in there with the wheel turned, it should be obvious which way it goes. Good luck.
Qball
QUOTE(skline @ May 27 2007, 10:00 AM) *

If you set the car down on all 4's and hold the link up in there with the wheel turned, it should be obvious which way it goes. Good luck.

I was hoping to put them in while the wheels are off and car is in the air. idea.gif
A little more room to work for us 50 yr. olds beerchug.gif
skline
Ok, With the car in the air on a jack stand, use your floor jack to lift the control arm up to where it would be on the ground and hold the drop link in place and see which way it goes in. Then lower the arm and install the drop link in the most obvious position. Then install the wheel and do the other side and then install both wheels and torque the lug bolts and take it for a drive and enjoy the more positive and flat feel of a true performer. smile.gif
Qball
QUOTE(skline @ May 27 2007, 10:14 AM) *

Ok, With the car in the air on a jack stand, use your floor jack to lift the control arm up to where it would be on the ground and hold the drop link in place and see which way it goes in. Then lower the arm and install the drop link in the most obvious position. Then install the wheel and do the other side and then install both wheels and torque the lug bolts and take it for a drive and enjoy the more positive and flat feel of a true performer. smile.gif

Thanks for the Quick answer clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.