Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Relpacement fuel lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pat Garvey
OK, the stinky pseudo-gas is in the cans (have no idea what I'm going to do to get rid of it). I'm ready to order new lines. Been through my original "paper" parts manual, as well as my PET.

Seems they're telling me I need between 90-100 inches to do it all (7 mm ID). I did this once before, about 1980 & it seems like I needed more, as well as about a foot of another ID - ?mm ID. Last time I did it I bought twice what I needed of the 7mm. Thought I'd hoard it for the next change - it all degraded to uselessness (~ 9 feet of it - cracked) - trashed it last year.

I feel like the measure for the 7 mm ID hose are short (in total).

Anyone have something different to say?

BTW, it must be fabric covered & does not include the injector elbows.
?????
Pat
jonferns
i just bought 25 feet of fuel hose (5/16) i think....yea, thats it.....the cloth is inbetween the rubber sidewalls (built in)....it came in 2 ft and 25 foot lengths....--JON
rjames
Pat, I think I aleready gave you measurements from Dave at PP in another thread you started. They were as follows:

7 mm ID Fuel Hose 74 inches
7 mm ID High Pressure 87 inches
Fuel Hose
(that's a total of 161 inches of high pressure 7mm ID hose; better not to have to keep track of two different types!)
12 mm ID Fuel Hose 17 inches

This ois almost exactly what I needed, unless you want to go longer underneath the fuel tank (and you don't make any mistakes in cutting one too short like I did). All in all I would only add another foot of 7mm to the measurements given above.

As far as the old gas, just add a little of it at a time to the tank of whatever is your daily driver.

German fabric covered lines are still available. If you can't find them here's a link to a great local shop that has them. Maybe they can ship 'em to you:
http://www.bowwowimport.com/
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(rjames @ May 28 2007, 03:31 PM) *

Pat, I think I aleready gave you measurements from Dave at PP in another thread you started. They were as follows:

7 mm ID Fuel Hose 74 inches
7 mm ID High Pressure 87 inches
Fuel Hose
(that's a total of 161 inches of high pressure 7mm ID hose; better not to have to keep track of two different types!)
12 mm ID Fuel Hose 17 inches

This ois almost exactly what I needed, unless you want to go longer underneath the fuel tank (and you don't make any mistakes in cutting one too short like I did). All in all I would only add another foot of 7mm to the measurements given above.

As far as the old gas, just add a little of it at a time to the tank of whatever is your daily driver.

German fabric covered lines are still available. If you can't find them here's a link to a great local shop that has them. Maybe they can ship 'em to you:
http://www.bowwowimport.com/

Sorry -must have happened when I was on vacation. Thanks fo the info & the link!
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.