Financial and auto issues prevented me from making the AR this year, which is a pretty big bummer..

So, Auto issues: Last week on Tuesday, took the 914 to work. On the way to lunch, I made it to 1st gear, couldn't grab anything else, and then couldn't get it back into 1st. I coasted to a parking spot (I was just the next parking lot over at work, hadn't left the campus yet), and messed with it. Clutch feel was off. That evening once I got off, I felt around, and it felt like the clutch cable had sheared mostly off and was binding at the pulley, which would explain sort of how it felt. As luck would have it, I'd taken my tools out the night before while emptying the car from the trip to San Antonio, and have rushed out, not intending to take the 914, without the tools...

Caught a ride homethat night, was sick Wednesday, and had other issues that I had to attend to Thursday. Sick again Friday.

Saturday, I make it out there with tools. I've got about 5 strands left on the cable, so I trimmed everything back hoping I could make it home like that, then catch a ride to work and recover the other car. Still no effect, and the same feel. Messing around, I'm guessing my throwout bearing is "broke". I've seen once on a VW where he had issues, only to find it at the bottom of the trans bellhousing. No clue how it got there or how he'd been shifting....

Plan on getting some help tomorrow, prob gonna push it up to speed and start it in second or third to get it home. If I time it right, I shouldn't have major issue with traffic or lights. My brother had planned on bringing my Aerocoupe up to me on the flat bed, and I was going to get him to go back and load this up for me.

My only other option is to see if I can't get one of the guys at work to give me a tow home.

Hoping it's nothing too major...