Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Unnanounced visitor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zymurgist
So there I was, working in the yard on Sunday. I had just painstakingly planted three bushes (painstakingly as in, they cost $35 each and I want to make sure they live). Digging, mulching, watering, all the fun stuff. It was a hot sunny day, so Althea was lying on the front porch trying to get a tan. As I was walking back to the house to get a drink, I ran across this visitor. This turkey was very curious and seemed to have no fear of me. I went into the house to get my camera and take some pictures. I was able to walk right up to the turkey and take several pictures. I have to suspect that it was tame. Either that, or just really really mellow.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
zymurgist
more pics

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
race914
New Pet!
SirAndy
just like cats. one day, they make up their minds that *you* are going to be their new "give-me-food-slave" and just show up on your doorstep and declare your home their new kingdom.

congratulations, you have been chosen as a new pet owner ...
bye1.gif Andy

PS: that, or a nice dinner for the family. your call. laugh.gif

balljoint
That is a nice hen Turkey.......and it is mating season. Do you have a beard? Were you wearing a red and blue hat? You might have a new girlfriend... smile.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 28 2007, 03:04 PM) *

just like cats. one day, they make up their minds that *you* are going to be their new "give-me-food-slave" and just show up on your doorstep and declare your home their new kingdom.

Somehow I don't think Althea would approve. She's very jealous. Fortunately, it was a hot day so she didn't feel like doing much other than sleeping on the porch or sleeping on the sofa in the house.

PS: that, or a nice dinner for the family. your call. laugh.gif

LOL. Yeah, I got that response from about half the people I sent a note (with the same pictures) to. But I would hat to think that I killed somebody's pet for my dinner, especially when I had just finished smoking a pork shoulder for 20 hours so it wasn't like I was going to go hungry.
zymurgist
QUOTE(balljoint @ May 28 2007, 03:16 PM) *

That is a nice hen Turkey.......and it is mating season. Do you have a beard? Were you wearing a red and blue hat? You might have a new girlfriend... smile.gif

D'oh! I do have a beard... but my hats tend to be orange and black for the Orioles.

As far as girlfriends go, hmm, the turkey does seem to be low maintenance... biggrin.gif
So.Cal.914
Are you sure it didn't bring the mashed potatos and gravy with it? Some people

have all the luck, the only thing that comes to my door is Jehovahs witness's.

What a turkey...

Dr Evil
Tame probably taste just the same as wild chowtime.gif
Maltese Falcon
bag it and let's send it off to Iamchappy...he has 2 of 'em in his avatar !
biggrin.gif
Marty
iamchappy
Im for that, yumm yumm, I call them dinners.....
My dog chased one up the hill it's tail feathers tickled her nose before it took flight.

Marty I think I am in need of one of your rear gt valances.
I was just looking at working my wavey fiberglass into one but I really dont need more
work to do, I already have enough. I hope i have the damn thing back together before July.
Maltese Falcon
Hi 'chappy ( real name known/ hidden for security idea.gif ), good timing on the rear valence.
Just received 30 from our new glass shop aktion035.gif and these are real good QC.
Call me this week @ 818-50POWER (507-6937) and I'll get one off to you.
Marty
Rick_Eberle
As far as girlfriends go, hmm, the turkey does seem to be low maintenance... biggrin.gif

AND she'll make yoiu a nice dinner!
PatW
Here are some tom's that were showing their stuff a few weeks ago at my parents place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.