Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pics of my project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
found the camera...so here you go...
DrifterJay
just kidding Giant hole from removed AC joy...
DrifterJay
(no comment on the adjustable wrenches cool.gif )
DrifterJay
.25 horses of fury!!! (me pushing)
DrifterJay
interior...I like my seat..its pretty... wub.gif
DrifterJay
another...yeah my rollbar vinyl is dying...
DrifterJay
it looks cleaner w/no flash...
DrifterJay
once again...I plead the fifth on my throttle linkage...only temporary
DrifterJay
do not be cheap and paint your tin with normal engine paint...spill fuel and see what happens?
DrifterJay
yeah yeah..its dark outside
DrifterJay
theres mr. armstrong in the background smilie_pokal.gif
DrifterJay
my mangled bumper and LE spoiler (being repaired) soon to get primed and given the Krylon touch (black)
skline
I can make that run. If you have compression, gas, and spark, I will make it run on Wednesday when I come out there. See you around 9 or so. I will be going home around 1 or 2 at the latest, it will run before I leave and you will drive it.
DrifterJay
35 hours till detonation...I mean launch!! and counting..
redshift
Cool man! G'luck Scott!

I like the car.. I like 914s!

smile.gif

M
skline
Wednesday evening, I will post a picture of Jared driving his car down the street.
seanery
laugh.gif
2teeners
Bless you son, you have rescued a truly needy 914 from the soup lines smilie_pokal.gif
DuckRyder
QUOTE(DrifterJay @ Dec 9 2003, 03:11 AM)
found the camera...so here you go...

and I thought I had lost my mind. unsure.gif
Aaron Cox
yeah. your car is lookin good! i might make it out there on wednesday to lend a hand......PM if ya need another hand.

sometine after 12, if not im headin to the beach!
soloracer
QUOTE(DrifterJay @ Dec 8 2003, 11:25 PM)
theres mr. armstrong in the background smilie_pokal.gif

A little off topic but Lance Armstrong was here recently to give a speech on his experiences and take part in a question and answer session. He was in for a fundraiser for a new cancer clinic here and it turned into the biggest charity event we have ever had (raised something like $1.5 million). There was a long waiting list for tickets. I managed to get some tickets and took some customers of mine who had been or who were going through cancer treatment. I went to the event expecting a Tony Robbins style of "you can do it" motivational speech. What actually happened was Lance just sat down and told us how he sees things - almost as if he was sitting in your living room talking to you and some of your buddies. He came across as being a very genuine person. I can honestly say that I came out of the event with a tremendous amount of respect for the man.
skline
Well, I forgot my camera so there is no picture of him driving it. I did however, get it to run before 2 just like I said, He still needs to fix a severe oil leak, replace his throttle cable, and get a timing light and set the timing. His distributor is 180 off and there were a few other little things like, the valve adjustment was also 180 off. It runs now but still needs a little more TLC. I am assuming from his lack of posting here, he got most of that done and is out driving it. He was so excited to hear it actually fire up and run. I actually enjoyed seeing him light up when it fired up. I still got it!
Brad Roberts
Great news. Thanks for taking the time to help him. It is one of the last great satisfactions I feel when helping fellow 914 people. The feeling cannot be beat.
ChrisReale
Sweet! That was a swell thing to do.
DrifterJay
I can feel the Kodak Moment wub.gif
well, Scott, its got this funkadelic noise, I fixed the exhaust leak, there might be a tiny leak, but no biggie in comparison to the other one...The noise sounds like a popping noise from piston #1. I hope it is just the motor settling, not the piston striking the head. We will see on Friday, I am at my fathers house now till then. This bites bad, only got tinker with it for about 30 min after you and then Aaron left. Oh well, till then. Good bye, and thank you so much for your help Scott, you have made joining this site truly a very good experience. And it was awesome meeting you Aaron, hope to see you soon again.
Jared cool.gif
skline
Not a problem Jared, that is what this board is all about, helping others. Check the valves again before you run it too hard. Also check that fan, it sure looked awful close to me. I wouldnt take your money but I think there is still an opening for donations to Dave's van (Korijo). I made my donation, did you make one yet? Pay it forward!
redshift
I'll take your money.

M
Aaron Cox
Bitchin... Good to hear it crank over. you sure its not something out of the carbs? oh and i just saw your "euro taillights signature" LOL you sure you dont wanna trade??? laugh.gif Scott is the man. got your car running before 2:00! ya, look forward to seeing you agin too. what was that autocross you were talking about? MDB2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.