Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will my new springs "settle" at all?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
Dove into my rear suspension this weekend. I replaced the springs with 140 welts, repainted and re-decaled the konis, cleaned up and painted the trailing arms and even did some touch up on the fender wells. I looks great and it rides awesome - but it does not look as good in terms of stance. I have no idea what springs were on my car. The Koni shocks are old hydraulics that are adjustable by pushing them all the way down and turning the shaft. They still seem to be in great shape. Now that they are repainted, they really go look new - Eric, thanks for the FYI on the chevy engine orange/red!!!
I thought the old springs were the usual black, and would really not have been surprised if they were stock. However, when I pulled everything apart, the springs were shorter than stock (but not as short as the 140's) and they were originally red?! I cleaned one of them off - there are no other markings and the red is definitely the original color.
I got everything detailed and put back together and put the car on the ground. The 140's raised the car probably close to an inch. I am not sure if I like it. The top of the tire (225/50/15) is about 3/4" up into the flair and there is a definte rake to the front now.

Will these springs settle at all? The car does drive very very nicely.
RoninEclipse2G
most springs take a couple weeks of regular driving to get them to settle, don't know how much with the fact that they are 140# suckers tho
Joe Ricard
Springs DO NOT SETTLE. suspension settles if you have rubber bushings because that crap binds up so bad.

Gas charged Koni's will push car up. Crank the rebound to full as this is probably what is needed to adequately control a 140 spring with an off the shelf Koni.

Or get adjustable perches.

Try getting the car level with 300's. I had to take 4 turns out of the coil-over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.