Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: no turn signals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
for a 70 914-6. where can I find a light switch and a turn signal switch?
914Sixer
The light switch is the same one as the 4. The turnsignal switch is no longer available. You probably have a bad relay under the dash. Check all your fuses and grounds.
jfort
flasher relay works fine with emergency flasher as do all the bulbs. fuses OK too. so wouldn't that isolate problem to light switch or turn signal switch?
john rogers
You can pull the plug that is just under the steering column and jumper the wires for power in then to the right and left signals to eliminate the column switch. Refer to the electrical diagram on the Pelican site for the wire colors and also I did an article on eliminating both steering column stalks on a race car and using dash mounted switches for the wipers, high beams and turn signals. I think the wire colors have basically remained the same over the years since the first 914s.
jfort
I found a head light switch from a parts car. will install asap to see if that is the problem. but can someone please confirm: if emergency flashers are OK, then flasher relay, fuses and bulbs are OK?

if it turns out that it is the turn signal switch -- has anyone tried to convert a 911 switch into a 914 version? it looks like only the plug at the bottom is different. looks same as one i changed in a 73 911 years ago.
914Sixer
Yes, you can convert a 911 switch to a 914-6 switch. Contact Jeff Bowlsby. He made one for me. He told me he kept the wiring diagram so he could make another if some one needed one. Switch requires and additional ground and moving some additional connections. His work in excellent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.