Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Get yer trannies fixed now!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Hey folks,
I have a window of time coming up after the 13 of June to about the middle of July for anyone wanting to get there stacks or complete boxes rebuilt. The next time I will have any time off will be Christmas and that will be short. After that, it could be a while. First come first served! Always looking out (and I need the money biggrin.gif)
McMark
Can you set pinion depth? biggrin.gif I have a tranny that needs a new housing.
Dr Evil
Unfortunately, I am gonna have to pass on that more critical job. I am waaaay out of practice at it and it would take up much of my time. (I know, I suck).
It would be far easier, and probably cost effective to just find a donor tranny, swap its pinion into your stack, and use the donor case and diff. All of the tolerances can more easily be maintained as I measure the old intermediate plate, compare and shim the pinion to the correct depth. Sound like something you are interested in? Got another case/diff/pinion? I can probably get you one here if you want to send me your guts.
messix
i read the title and thought you were opening a spey and nueter clinic for the gay community! happy11.gif
Dr Evil
Fascinating, that. Based on the phychological prinicple of the Primacy Effect, I wonder WHY that would be the FIRST thing to pop into your mind. Hmmm, what have you been surfing happy11.gif
messix
just your key word "trannies". biggrin.gif
john rogers
when I was in the Navy I met this tranny in Rio that wanted to get fixed!!!!!!!
scrz914
Dr. Evil,
What would the symptoms be to necessitate a fix or rebuild? My tranny crunches upshifting and downshifting into 2nd. It also doesn't like going into 3rd for about four seconds. Almost like something is blocking it. Then it goes in (maybe linkage?). I've replaced bushings and adjusted clutch and linkage. How can I determine if it's at a rebuild stage? Sorry, trannies are a mystery to me.
SGB
piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif

Don't miss this!

If shifting gears has become a telekinetic process, it really reduces driving fun. The good Dr (when you are in practice, will you tell your patients what your 914 moniker is?) rebuilt my gearstack in December and it is ALL GOOD. "Like butta". That crappy shifting part of the crappy shifing go kart can be removed. I can stay in the power band. I can downshift in corners. Starangers no longer flinch at the noises. This is money well spent. Its not really CHEAP, but experience is really needed for all these little parts, I couldn't DIY a trans rebuild- at leasst not with results like Dr Evil produced. Overall, it is such an improvement, it is like going from sqare wheels to round.

This is a completely unsolicited endorsement. I'm just really pleased with Dr Evil's work.
rocking nana.gif
blitZ
agree.gif
Dr Evil
Troy, I'm just messing with ya wink.gif

Scott and Les, you guys dont know how much it means to me to have such a positive endorsement from you guys. smilie_pokal.gif I got a warm fuzzy all over (this thread is going down hill fast - trannies to warm fuzzies).

scrz914,
Click on my tranny rebuild link in my sig line. It goes through a diagnostic of what to check and replace before you send in your tranny. FYI, if you did send me your tranny and it didnt need anything then you would not be charged for a rebuild. I always diagnose for free so if you want to try it yourself, you can. biggrin.gif
fitsbain
I got a full side shift setup for anyone in need. Is in the parts car now.

Would be great with an Evil Rebuild.

I can probably even save you on the shipping to him as I can deliever it.

Pay me, Pay him, and get a like new setup for you ride.
Dr Evil
Way to be, Brian! You havent been around lately. Life/work got you by the short ones?
I think mrhurtalot needs to contact you, he just broke his tranny.
tdgray
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 30 2007, 04:46 PM) *

I always diagnose for free

Doc... that's not gonna fly when you start practicing... them there hospitals want thier revenue biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Hospital = van, diagnose = pelvic for hot chicks, clinic = alley way.

That equation makes fiscal/physical cents/sense to me biggrin.gif
bd1308
I twould be cool to have a 911 transmission in my bus!

smile.gif
VaccaRabite
Put me on the list, Mike. Iff'n I am not all ready.

Zach
propricer
Dr Evil ... did you get the email I sent regarding assembling my 77 930 box ???
Dr Evil
Nope, sure didn't, Ed. It may be delayed. I noticed some PMs didnt make it to my email until I already answered them here. Shoot me a PM, its faster biggrin.gif

Zach, your #1 on the list, but you knew that.
ws91420
My tranny is least of my worries after the good doctor got hold of it. Have that other core available should the need arise good doctor.
Dr Evil
Man, I got a whole crop of cores here. Good to hear.
drewvw

Evil, I was at home this weekend and the idea popped into my head to find a 901 on CL, have you rebuild it and drop it into the ghia. It hasn't had a non-popping first gear in 10 years.

no clue if that would work or what it would take, but it did seem like a good thing to do.
Dr Evil
Dude, I would love to be in on something like that. Let me know. I have a few cores available right now.
ptravnic
Mike - I have on my calendar to contact you on 13-Jun (per our pm back & forth last week). I've got a tranny ready to ship...

-pt
Dr Evil
Yer in, dont worry.
fitsbain
Drew -

I'm your man for parts.

Your not allowed to buy anywhere else.

Heck, I delievered everything in person!!!
mrhurtalot
hey, Dr evil. can ya pencil me in somewhere? today and friday are my last days of school and then i have a shitload of time to drop everything out, ill check the core etc and let you know exactly whats up!

Dr Evil
Dang, glad the list is filling up fast.

So far requesting spots:

Pete
Zach and Chuck
mrhurtalot
- 1 off thread

I'll maintain a list of alternates incase some cant commit to sending theirs in (hey, it happens, no biggie) biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Oh ya, if anyone has their tranny ready and is not in a hurry to get it back then send it to me. I can diagnose it and get a parts list together in 1hr, its the rebuild that takes the time. Also, if I get a few lists together it will save on shipping parts as I can split the cost (not a whole lot of $$, but every dime counts).

The sooner ya'll get your trannies to me the more of them I can get done thumb3d.gif
Dr Evil
Woo hoo, 2 going in the mail to me soon mueba.gif
Leo Imperial
I was thinking about having trans work done, but do you have refrences?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Jun 1 2007, 06:11 AM) *

do you have refrences?

You got boyfriend Hershey? He so horny. He love you long time. 5 dolla sucky sucky.

Zach

Dr Evil
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Jun 1 2007, 06:11 AM) *

I was thinking about having trans work done, but do you have refrences?

Click to view attachment

Oh Leo finger.gif (You too, Zach)
Dr Evil
Slots looking full for now!
-Eric Shea
-Bruce
-Ray
-Pete
-Zach/Chuck
-mrhurtalot

Am I missing anyone? Its still first come first served so these slots are not permanent until the tranny is in the mail (4 in the mail now). Those who see me on a regular basis (Zach and Ray) you know your in. thumb3d.gif
fitsbain
Guys -

Let me know if you need parts. Got an entire side shift setup for sale.
mrhurtalot
hey DR Evil.

as it would seem to be,

there is a man down the street from me, goes by the name of Dumont.
he owns a porsche only shop just 15 minutes away in bricktown oklahomacity

he also lives on my street. haha.

so, i suppose you will have another opening on your list come monday, i will be calling him to inquire his services, but if its a no go, ill stick with you. nothing personal. just the shipping and money, im about to be in college! ill have ZERO DOLLARS for a while! haha
Dr Evil
No worries, I seem to have plenty of customers. Good luck with that.
JPB
He be da man, man. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.