Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tach question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1bad914
I finally got the new engine (2nd one) going, but my tach is not working, according to the wiring diagram I have it should be black and purple. I have three wires available, white, gr/bl and bl/wh, the gr/bl and bl/wh show 3.13 volts with ignition on, any idea which one is right? This is a 1974 with dual dell's.
Dave_Darling
Unplug the black/purple wire from the coil (-) terminal, and use your continuity tester (or ohmmeter) to find out which if any of those wires connects to that bk/pu one. If the answer is "none of the above", then keep looking...

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE(1bad914 @ May 31 2007, 03:51 AM) *

I have three wires available, white, gr/bl and bl/wh, the gr/bl and bl/wh show 3.13 volts with ignition on, any idea which one is right?

black/green is for your left side turn signal indicator, black/white is for your right side turn signal indicator.

there is NO white wire to that gauge. in fact, there is NO white wire to any of the gauges.
are you sure it's plain white? if it's white with a blue stripe, it's for your high-beam indicator ...

as always, the haynes manual is your friend. in this case, all the answers were on page 162 ...
bye1.gif Andy
1bad914
I'm sorry, but this ids at that coil, I used the tried and true method, start car and touch each wire to the - side of the coil until the tach jumps. First wire I tried worked! Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.