914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
G e o r g e
Secret Agent Man

popcorn[1].gif .
JerryP
uh...hmm

rust free....never in accident.....bent jackpoint....white respray? idea.gif
So.Cal.914
If you are serious about owning one of the best 914's available anywhere please read on and/or CALL ME on my cell

Click to view attachment blink.gif
tdgray
Dude needs to put the crack pipe down immediately
djm914-6
well, for a north east car, it's not so bad.
So.Cal.914
Ooop's
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jun 1 2007, 06:58 AM) *

If you are serious about owning one of the best 914's available anywhere please read on and/or CALL ME on my cell

Click to view attachment

well, for a north east car, it's not so bad.

Still haven't defrosted?
Click to view attachment
BK911
What's he supposed to say?

I have this POS 914. Bid early and bid often?

sheeplove.gif
orthobiz
gotta love that original bolt on spoiler!

Paul
GWN7
QUOTE(BK911 @ Jun 1 2007, 09:19 AM) *

What's he supposed to say?

I have this POS 914. Bid early and bid often?

sheeplove.gif

I agree...he's trying to sell a car and get the most $$ for it.......

The ad is well written, lots of pictures. Slice thru the BS and it looks like a good project car.

I think Maxwell Smart drove a Apine tho smile.gif
dwillouby
Dosent look bad to me. Lots of good parts. car looks solid. Would make a nice project if I had the cash.
David
zymurgist
QUOTE(dwillouby @ Jun 1 2007, 03:55 PM) *

Would make a nice project if I had the cash.

agree.gif

I'd think about it if I had cash or garage space. C'mon, at least he didn't try to make it look like an Eclipse! biggrin.gif
G e o r g e

ok if it's not secret agent maxwell smart, who's was it?

Click to view attachment

could it have been him?

Please stay on Topic biggrin.gif
byndbad914
Oh, here we go, I found out what the problem with the car is..

NOTE: I will be out of town getting married from June 7th to June 20th.

laugh.gif

I agree the guy could back off on the pipe before his lip burns in terms of the sensationalisms, so to say he should say it's a junker bid fast is taking it too far the other way. I just don't understand why dipsticks get behind the keyboard and go apeshit with their descriptions when, seriously, anyone who would really buy a project 914 is going to be someone (most likely) that knows a lot about them and will see thru the BS anyway. Just makes him look dumb.

That said, the car actually does look pretty solid. Can't really see the hellhole, but the batt tray looks good and the general area around it. 'Course, he had "brilliant" body repairmen so that stuff could have been replaced. If so, then the insides of the car could look like crap.

And why couldn't his "brilliant" guy smooth the "original" spoiler in without cracking? He implies it is only bolted on so no bondo to crack... umm, okay... ask your body guy why he can't do that.

I agree about the bent jack point - how do you bend one of those without whacking something? I jacked up some pretty rusty ones and haven't had them bend dry.gif

Overall, he is definitely a bit left of center on his story, but that car looks like a solid project car and I was just at the track yesterday with my car and the 930 turbo brakes with stock pads were bringing that car down from 135mph pretty fast to head into turn 1, so he is right about the brakes, and those are not a cheap conversion btw. If I were so inclined to do a project, especially a sweet 6 conversion, I would keep my eye on it. His starting bid of $3K would barely buy you the 930 brake conversion parts (I have just over $3K in my stuff).
swl
Hey guys - he's a dealer. Hyperbole is a way of life for him. Get past that and it might be a reasonable car.

Personally I'd be looking at why all the 'strengthening' stuff he welded in. I would suspect that it was to fix/hide rust damage. If he did a good job of the repairs it would worth $3000 up in the rust belt particularly with a good 2l engine. Hell just to fix the frame on my car will cost $3k from a qualified 914 guy.

Add to that the suspension and brake work - not bad at all. The real key is the frame. If it is good they this could be a great project.

By the way. Jack posts can 'bend' when they are badly rusted. That is the reason I suspect that although it is 'rust free' it was not always that way.

edit: Oops didn't read well enough. it is not a 2l but a 1.8 with big jugs.
JPB
QUOTE(tdgray @ Jun 1 2007, 10:46 AM) *

Dude needs to put the crack pipe down immediately

If your taking about the flesh crack pipe, dude, thats not natural and unbecoming for a 914 brother av-943.gif
r_towle
Before you all come back down to earth and stop trying to steal projects and parts...
Please do the math.
I do not know this person, but I will go visit very soon.

Big Brake kit from Powerhaus:(this is the REAL THING! :930 Turbo 4-piston Brembo calipers front and rear (powdercoated red)!!! with new slotted 930 vented discs(street pads)!!! THESE ARE UNBELIEVABLE BRAKES!!!!
I guess 750 for a set
Weltmeister 911 Adjustable Anti-sway bar
I guess 400
Weltmeister Adjustable Camber Plates(beautifully machined!)
I guess 250
Weltmeister Tubular torsion bars (21mm)
I guess 350
Weltmeister Short Shift kit w/new rod cup and reverse lock-out spring
Hmm, 50 bucks
Weltmeister Bronze pedal bushing kit
25 bucks
Weltmeister rear suspension bearings (street hardness)
OEM 930 Tie-rod ends
OEM(Porsche) relay box cover w/new relays
Hella 100W halogen headlights
(New)Koni adjustable front shock inserts (street version)
Teflon-lined stainless brake lines
OEM 911 Master brake cylinder
OEM ball joints(911)
Front spoiler, rocker panel covers
FULL rubber seal kit including (new) felt window channel slides, etc.
Heating system flapperboxes (these too were not rotted, but the flapper door was frozen on one of them, so I replaced both)

Set of four 16" 911 Fuchs alloy wheels in beautiful condition

this is just for the parts listed, and does not include the chassis or the motor and tranny, and interior.
$4850.00

Now, add in the car, and if its rust free, all welded up and 10 hours from paint..
2500.00 (In New England)
Now, rebuilt motor, 1k for a runner 2.0 liter, all FI in tact.

just some ball park figures.
total using my math, without including parts not listed, or any assumptions.

Its 8K parted out on Ebay.

Rich

swl
good math Rich. We never get out of a car what we put into it in parts but this one seems to worth while particularly if you are going for an AX machine. If the frame is good I would take it on - all the stuff I don't feel comfortable with (mainly welding) has already been done. The wrenching that I like doing is all that needs to be done. Give my project to a guy that can weld and I'd be all over that one. Dunno how I would handle shipping and customs but that's just a little bit of work.

If you don't want to go for it yourself please report back on it.
db9146
Smart drove a Sunbeam Tiger, didn't he?
sww914
I know how to bend a jack point really easily when it's not rusted, jack it up on a hill with no blocks under the wheels and let the car roll away. It bends the shit out of them.
I did it to my first bug when I got a flat when I was a 16 year old moron.
nomore9one4
I would have to agree with Rich. That is a hell of a deal for someone looking for a project. Just those seats would cost you $600 to $700 smile.gif
majkos
I'm watching popcorn[1].gif it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.