Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 cold air intake
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Brand new product! Cold air intake for all 1.7 models. Easily replaces the messy oil bath air cleaner in one neat unit. Heavily chromed comes with instructions and hardware

$129.50
klikkid3
These still available? What type of gains would I be looking at with this on.
Thanks
Phill
JazonJJordan
QUOTE(klikkid3 @ Jul 15 2008, 04:17 PM) *

These still available? What type of gains would I be looking at with this on.
Thanks
Phill

You gain oil-free hands, better flow and usually 7-10hp, but not certain. Only a dyno will tell if this change alone will release many horses. If it will respond much better w/o a filter then a high flow k&n type will definitely help. If not, then it might have no performance gain but better protection and maintenance at least.
Still a big improvement. Just my 2cents however. Enjoy!
URY914
"7-10 hp"

Why is it that every after market gizmo says it will add 7-10 hp?

JazonJJordan
I think if you add two, it will add 14-20hp.... lol-2.gif happy11.gif
tat2dphreak
since a stock 1.7 is 80hp, do you really think you'll get 9-10%+ increase? really?
underthetire
I made my own from autozone parts. Not even close to as nice as this one. I think it helped some at high RPMs. Gets the cooler air next to the engine lid for sure. (i have an air intake temp sensor for my megasquirt). AND ITS WAAAAY LOUDER!
underthetire
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jul 27 2009, 12:34 PM) *

I made my own from autozone parts. Not even close to as nice as this one. I think it helped some at high RPMs. Gets the cooler air next to the engine lid for sure. (i have an air intake temp sensor for my megasquirt). AND ITS WAAAAY LOUDER!

BTW, I wish you had these when I made mine. Would have been the same price by the time I was done!
JazonJJordan
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 27 2009, 03:05 PM) *

since a stock 1.7 is 80hp, do you really think you'll get 9-10%+ increase? really?

No, really- I don't know. That's why I suggested 2 might add twice as much ~haha~.
If it really was the bottleneck -which they sometimes are- that holds down flow; while all the other potentials are there, then maybe so. Real numbers come from experience and a dyno however. 10% does sound -way-optimistic; wacko.gif just the same.
URY914
George never said you pick-up any gains in HP.

I think "cold air" maybe a little misleading but who's to say. He never saids the cold air will increase performance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.