Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 76 2.0 on evilbay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rigglet
Looking for feedback on this car. I'm not necessarily looking to restore it, but I'd like the 2.0, sideshift trans and some of the interior parts (center console, etc) for my 71.

Honest and brutal feedback appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...123543443QQrdZ1
toomanyinkc
Yeah, it's worth it if you have a place to park a parts car. Sideshift trans seem to go for ~$300 and you'll be ensured of having *all* of the parts since you're buying the entire car.
AvalonFal
Especially if you're nearby and can get it for the minimum bid & have a place to trash the rusted metal. The dash parts, shifter, console, lenses, small parts, etc. should be worth that.
ptravnic
I'd say it is easily worth $500 - even if you were to cut it up & just sell the parts. Center console, wheels, deck lids, tranny, engine (as core)...

you get the idea.

OR

make a project out of it. The side rail actually looked pretty good! If you know how to weld it'd take a few w'ends worth of welding to sort it out.

Just my $0.02

-pt
Katmanken
Mmmmmmm.......

"cosmetic rust"......

Cosmetic is just another word for dumpyerassonthegroundifyoutrytositinthecar. Judging from the holes, it needs floors badly.

If it goes low, it might be OK. Not sure if I have ever seen so much rust in so many places. Maybe it really is surface rust but it shows up in the exterior, the floors, in the front trunk and under the car.

Love the black carinthedark photos of the rockers. They look good in that light. Wonder what they realy look like in the day. No hell hole shots. Bring a screwdriver and icepick for probing.

Ken
robby750
That car is right here in my town! If I had the room, I'd buy-it-now. I see well over $500.00 worth of parts.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(robby750 @ Jun 2 2007, 11:05 AM) *

That car is right here in my town! If I had the room, I'd buy-it-now. I see well over $500.00 worth of parts.

agree.gif

If you want it don't mess around use the buy it now take waht you want from it and sell the rest. I buy cars like this twice or so a year and sell the parts off to fund my 914 autocrossing sickness.

Trans can fetch close $300
Running FI 2.0L complete $750 - $1000 (or more)
Driver side mirror $50 - $100
Empi rims $150 - $250
Center console in good condition - $200 (or more)
Rear swaybar with drop links & shock bolts - $250
Front swaybar with drop links - $100- $175
Outside door handles with key $100+ for the pair

You get the idea. If it was closer to me it wouldn't be on ebay anymore if you know what I mean. cool_shades.gif
skline
What picture did you see a sway bar in? confused24.gif
GWN7
QUOTE(skline @ Jun 2 2007, 11:54 AM) *

Being a 76 it probably has it as they were usually "all dressed" with every option...

The car looks good....looks like someone started to do the body work and the rust shown is flash......

Buy it...it's worth the $$
BahnBrenner914
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jun 2 2007, 01:45 PM) *

QUOTE(skline @ Jun 2 2007, 11:54 AM) *

Being a 76 it probably has it as they were usually "all dressed" with every option...

The car looks good....looks like someone started to do the body work and the rust shown is flash......

Buy it...it's worth the $$

What? I have a 76 and it doesnt have a swaybar dry.gif ... I feel jipped alfred.gif
GWN7
Mabey they ran out when they built yours biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
What? I have a 76 and it doesnt have a swaybar ... I feel jipped

ya but you probably got tinted windows and center counsole gauges.
I got sways and thats it on my 76

Id buy it for 500.00
robby750
Damn, it has bids and the buy-it-now is gone. I sent Rigglet a PM to see if he was going to grab it. If not, then I was gonna get it and sell him whatever he needed a great price.
GWN7
yep some CSOB thought $500 was too much and put in a low bid....watch it will bring $1000 now smile.gif
robby750
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jun 2 2007, 05:24 PM) *

yep some CSOB thought $500 was too much and put in a low bid....watch it will bring $1000 now smile.gif

No doubt. I snooze, I lose.
rigglet
Well as expected she went for more than the original buy it now price. I should have just bought it, but as usual I over-thought the thing. headbang.gif

Was it anyone from here that bought it? If so, please send me a PM. I'd like to talk about some of the parts...assuming it's being parted.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(rigglet @ Jun 7 2007, 12:55 PM) *

Well as expected she went for more than the original buy it now price. I should have just bought it, but as usual I over-thought the thing. headbang.gif

Was it anyone from here that bought it? If so, please send me a PM. I'd like to talk about some of the parts...assuming it's being parted.

I have found its best to part with money quickly, lest I think and be responcible with it.

But in this case, just tell yourslef it was a rust bucket you did not want anyway. That usually helps take the sting out for me.

Zach
robby750
QUOTE(rigglet @ Jun 7 2007, 12:55 PM) *

I tried, second highest. It went to a porsche dismantler in Florida.
robby750
I got a second chance offer and bought this car this evening. I'll get it home in the next few days and check out what I have. I know the tub is pretty far gone. Rigglet gets first shot at the tranny.
GWN7
beerchug.gif
robby750
I have already recouped some of my investment!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.