Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here ya go Queenie!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2447905634

I remember a post a while back with a picture of the 914 with nerf bars (over riders).

You liked them.

Gary at Parts Obsolete has some on e-bay right now! New Old Stock (NOS) units!

Or you could call him and order direct and save the crap of dealing with e-bay.
Aaron Cox
AHH ohmy.gif , putting holes in virgin chrome bumpers!!! ohmy.gif

i dont care...do what you wanna do
....they look good....on a BUG laugh.gif

jk...hope ya win
JeffBowlsby
'Cept they won't fit her late model 914... ohmy.gif
Aaron Cox
bummer....im sure there are arly bumpers on ebay too wink.gif
Queenie
Karl, you're awfully sweet to remember! wub.gif

Alas, I think any sort of cosmetic fun & games ought to wait until I get the friggin' engine sorted out. mad.gif

I never thought I'd be counting the days until my ex-husband moved back into town, but I am. I really need his help with this project (which wasn't supposed to be a project at all, damn it) and I know he'll work for beer and home-cooked food. laugh.gif
ChrisReale
Hey,
People look funny with head gear. No need to make your 914 funny(er) looking. Just say no ar15.gif
Oh, dont encourage Karl, one day you'll find his parts stashed in your kitchen lol2.gif
Queenie
I can't help it, Chris. Having been an early Volks girl for many years and also having owned a 356, I love me some curvy chrome bumpers.
Mueller
I'm tempted to buy those just so that I can throw them in the trash where they belong smile.gif

well, maybe they could be made into something useful like a towel rack..LOL

nerf bars work on VW Bugs without bumpers and 356's without bumpers......they do not belong on a 914...Period...... barf.gif smile.gif

Structually they are useless, but that is not the point here, the problem is that they are poorly designed from a cosmetic sense...they do nothing to improve or add to the lines of the 914.........just my humble opinion rolleyes.gif
redshift
You haven't seen them on the proper setup.

It's out there, I've seen it.

M
Gint
I gotta agree with Mueller. I think it would make a nice towel rack.

I know I was off the board for a while, but there's another woman besides Jenny in our midst?!?!?! smilie_rolli_1.gif
Queenie
wavey.gif Hi, Mike! I've been hanging around for a while.

I don't think I'd go out of my way to put nerf bars on my car, but I like them. I think they're funky-cool, and whether other folks like 'em or not has nothing to do with my opinion.

Lots of people also don't like the big black bumpers that are on the later cars (like mine). Lots of people don't like lots of things. I don't lose much sleep over it.

wink.gif
seanery
Gint,
we've got a few women on here, some post more often than others:
Jenny
Queenie
Pam
jarbuthnot
Gint
Hmmm... I knew about Pam (temporarily forgot, she doesn't post a lot). But I had no idea. I'll hafta watch my mouth.
Gint
I don't think I'd go out of my way to put nerf bars on my car, but I like them. I think they're funky-cool, and whether other folks like 'em or not has nothing to do with my opinion.

Welcome. I agree completely. I'm from the "it's your car" school of thought.

But I still think it would make a nice towel rack.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.