Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the story on these???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2447916001

If this is for real, how do you adapt them?
redshift
DON'T!

M
ChrisReale
QUOTE(redshift @ Dec 9 2003, 08:12 PM)
DON'T!

M

What....it.....said bootyshake.gif
meursault
Yes, those axles are for real. They were used on early 911s and 912s like the ad says. Porsche switched to more conventional CVs in '67 or '68 and many early cars have been converted to CVs. Too much of a pain to replace the U-joints on those suckas--I think the most common fix is to bore them out somewhat to accept a more available u-joint. I've also seen them fixed in a way that makes them look like a propellor shaft to deal with that funky folding joint at the tranny side drive flange.

Adapt them to a 914? Why? Too much work there too. The early 911/ 912s used a hub that had different splines. I don't even think the drive flanges used on the tranny will fit a 914 box; the old aluminum transmission cases used a different differential. And then the axles themselves are too short to be used in a 914.

Yes, Nadella axles exist, but there's a reason Porsche switched to Lobro. Save the nadellas for the CWs.
East coaster
Thanks for the info..............I wasn't considering using these, I just had never seen axles like these on a 911/914. They look like old Corvette axles!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.