Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: O2 Bung on a six conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim912928
I just got off the phone with the folks at GHL...great guys so far! They are going to make me a set of 914-6 headers with heat and asked where I want to put the bung for my 02 sensor (putting in a stock 3.2). Where have others that have gone down the 3.2l path put their O2 sensor?
drgchapman
If you're going to use it...........put it on the right side header, parallel to the ground, pointing away from the midline of the car, in the single tube after the collector.

I left the o2 sensor out, as suggested by Jeff Gamroth of Rothsport racing here in Portland. Apparently, it's extraneous. We don't have to pass emmisions with this age car (1970 VIN#).
TimT
I installed mine drivers side, after the collector in my headers. Its important to have the sensor mounted above horizontal. Having the bung is handy, if you don't use just put a plug in it, although I run 02 sensors full time now on both my cars
Bosch white paper attached FYI:

Click to view attachment
PRS914-6
Mine is on the right but it's a 3.6. A 3.2 would most likely be on the left if you are connecting to the stock bracket for the sensor.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Series9
Wills' bung. huh.gif
jim912928
Thanks for all the pics...this is the stock placement right out of the 911...looks like I'll keep it on the same side (passenger in 914-6 config) and somewhere where it won't interfere with the axle (GHL header pipes seem to come together closer to the engine versus further back).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.