Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I finally did it, only a year behind schedule!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
Hey all, I just wanted to declare my triumph over a minor case of DWD. I bought a 914 to use as a daily driver... then I decided it was to rusty, so I bought a roller. Then I started transferring parts, and what started as an idea for a quick fun driver to save gas $$ turned into a major project. It's not done yet, but it runs and drives. I couldn't have done it alone though...

Thanks to:

markb (for engine, wheels, parts, and lots of help)
jkeyzer (for parts, help, almost an engine)
hwgunner (for help, comic relief)
TonyAKAVW (for motivation from a distance)
sean_v8_914 (for roller, delivery)
hmeeder (for spacers)
bondette (for putting up with it all, and help)

I'm sure I forgot some people, and of course I got lots of online assistance from the general 914world population, so thanks to them too!

IPB Image
swl
Wow! Well done sir! (and crew!)
TonyAKAVW
Good job Bondo!

Now drive down here this weekend so you can a) obtain your true gas mileage, and cool.gif drive up in Malibu with Howard, BJ, and me.

-Tony
rick 918-S
clap56.gif thumb3d.gif
JRust
Nice job man! A year behind schedule in the 914world is about a year ahead of schedule. Or so says my jackstands!
Borderline
Looks great!! I like the blue with the black trim!
markb
clap56.gif Well done.

Now please, adjust the ride height! That sucker looks like it's waiting for a flood. biggrin.gif
bondo
Thanks guys!

Tony: Buy our house and you've got a deal.

markb: Already did... that is a somewhat old pic. (pre engine) I still need to adjust the front down a tad though, it's slightly higher than the rear.
So.Cal.914
It came out great, I like the rims.
markb
We're going to take a last shot at getting all of the little things done on next Monday, so any of you locals feel free to stop by. I'm sure bondo will find something for you to do. Even if it's just to jsharp.gif
jaminM3
Did you go over it top to bottom? What exactly did the project include?

It looks nice by the way. thumb3d.gif
Allan
Nice Royce.

Now let's see it at the next bbq, fun run, a/x, or whatever......
bondo
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Jul 10 2007, 05:30 PM) *

Did you go over it top to bottom? What exactly did the project include?

It looks nice by the way. thumb3d.gif

Thanks!

The roller came painted but with no interior or drivetrain. I basically just assembled it enough to drive. I did do some rust repair that I couldn't resist. Monday's session will be to basically finish it up. Trim, interior, valences, carpet, etc.

bondo
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jul 10 2007, 05:49 PM) *

Nice Royce.

Now let's see it at the next bbq, fun run, a/x, or whatever......

I guarantee it will be at Monday's BBQ. biggrin.gif

PM me if you need the address! laugh.gif We're starting at 11:00 AM. It's only about a 3 hour drive from Bakersfield. (and highway 58 is a damn fun drive) driving.gif
markb
icon_bump.gif

Hoping to motivate bondo........ I need more pics of "my" car biggrin.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(markb @ Feb 18 2011, 04:08 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Hoping to motivate bondo........ I need more pics of "my" car biggrin.gif

Holy &@^#, I thought that was your car!

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.