Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tired of shrinkage.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Tired of shrinkage? Well now you can replace those broken and short pieces on your 914 engine covers.
The original weltings srhink or break off over time. Now you can replace them with new rubber welting material. These are hand cut to match the factory welting. Easy to replace, and you can trim to fit if needed.
CAMP 914 is the only place you will find these new "trimmed to fit"rubber trim pieces. Check the classifieds for pricing.
TROJANMAN
hey craig,
doesn't this belong in the vendor section? poke.gif

av-943.gif

thanks agian for the donation smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jun 8 2007, 08:13 AM) *

hey craig,
doesn't this belong in the vendor section? poke.gif

av-943.gif

"Why in Atlanta they have had them for years" (to paraphrase Henry Higgins)
boxstr
Greg, I don't want to buck the trend.
By the way, you will find one of the shrinkage kits in the goodie box.
CCLIN914NATION
SLITS
I am seriously offended that the Admins allow this type of diatribe.

yawn.gif
Dr Evil
Could you model it for us?
GWN7
"I was in the pool".......
McMark
Well, let me be the first person to say, "Really cool!" thumb3d.gif

I for one am glad to see product announcements in the garage.
Dr Evil
I like product anouncements in the garage. I am biased, but if I wasnt I would still like it biggrin.gif
Tobra
Looks like fender welt for a bug to me, that stuff has been around a LONG time, but thanks
So.Cal.914
Cool stuff, Thanks for looking out for us.

Looks like fender welt for a bug to me

But the stuff for bugs is a full round, this looks more like a quarter round.
JPB
My size is an embarasement therefore I welcome this so called "shrinkage" of which you speek of! beer.gif
hydroliftin
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jun 8 2007, 07:55 AM) *

Tired of shrinkage? Well now you can replace those broken and short pieces on your 914 engine covers.

What does it take to install this? Does it require disassembly or will it just wedge in?
McMark
QUOTE(Tobra @ Jun 8 2007, 02:34 PM) *

Looks like fender welt for a bug to me, that stuff has been around a LONG time, but thanks

I don't think so...
boxstr
No this is not Bug fender welt. This is an exact replacement for the 914 engine lid welting material, without the shrinkage.
Installation can be either removing the old material and wedging the new material into the old space on the lid. Or you can completely remove the engine lid screen and install that way. It is also a good time to clean the lid itself. Maybe apply a coat of wax. And paint the screen.
CCLIN914NATION
neo914-6
Thanks Craig, PayPal sent... smile.gif
boxstr
Felix, I will see how many speed nuts I have when I get back to CAMP.
The shrinkage kit can be wedged in if you want. I think this is a good time to remove the lid and remove the lid grill and clean everything. Then put down a coat of wax and polish. Also paint the grills whle they are off.
CCLIN914NATION
neo914-6
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jun 11 2007, 09:19 AM) *

Felix, I will see how many speed nuts I have when I get back to CAMP.
The shrinkage kit can be wedged in if you want. I think this is a good time to remove the lid and remove the lid grill and clean everything. Then put down a coat of wax and polish. Also paint the grills whle they are off.
CCLIN914NATION

The grilles are powdercoated and the lid was freshly painted last Nov. Will wax before installing it.

Don't forget about the window to lid seal and targa clips biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.