Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
The backs stick a lil, the pedal doesn't return happily, no pumping required for full brakes..

I brought this up a few weeks ago during Exhaust-a-Thon 2003, when I picked it up, was perfect, now it's back to sticking the last teeny bit.

I can't decide if it's the MC, or just some trash in the pedal cluster. The MC does not require pumping to make pressure.

I found rust down there from a previous MC explosion, PBlasted the shit out of everything, and worked it all out.. it's a 1/2 inch dead on return.

The MC does not require pumping to make pressure.

Replace what? MC, Pedal Cluster, all cables? I don't want to do this again, it's hard to get time, and space to get it off the ground.

M
madd_dogg_914
Does the master cylinder require any pumping to make pressure? laugh.gif

-Chris
redshift

M=EC+29
skline
So how many times do you have to pump it to get pressure???
redshift
Less than once.

M
madd_dogg_914
So let me see if I got this straight, your brakes will stick, even when pressing the pedal less than once, but only after pumping it several times and spraying it with PB Blaster, all while wearing womens undergarments? Man, this is getting too weird for me!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

-Chris
Andyrew
Thats alot of posts redshift!

no clue on topic though, sorry.

Andrew
Brad Roberts
You bring this on yourself Miles. laugh.gif

If you have not replaced the plastic bushings in the pedal cluster.. I promise they are worn out and could possibly causing this sticking sensation.

B
Qarl
Let me see if I get this right Miles... You and your "partner" get into your 914. After you pump for a while it gets sticky?!?

What?!?!?!
ChrisReale
Prolly pedal cluster. Have Qarl rebuild yours. laugh.gif My old pedal cluster was rusty and bound the clutch up. Rebuilt it and its great
Brad Roberts
Do you think rebuilt pedal clusters would sell ?? Basically do an exchange ??

B
ChrisReale
A rebuilt pedal cluster is one of the things people over look when getting their cars sorted out. If it works on a core charge system that makes it not to pricey, yes I believe they would sell.
madd_dogg_914
I betcha they would sell pretty good, depending on the price. If powder coated with bronze bushings kit installed I betcha could get a nice premium from people that would rather just not bother doing it themselves. Or are afraid, I mean shit, take the brake pedal off, then put it back on, what if I screw up . . . driving-girl.gif soon becomes smilie_rolli_1.gif

-Chris
redshift
PP has them on the list for $125.

M
Brad Roberts
Powder coated and all for 125$ ?

It can take one hour plus parts (95$) powder coating would be another 25-30$ so that is about right.. but I dont know how they are making money on them (cause you know that they are not doing them themselves).

b
sj914
Powdercoating other than black would be nice.
redshift
I dunno about coated, I just saw it on the list..

I'm sorry!

laugh.gif

M
Red-Beard
brake line?
redshift
Nah..

I am going to gamble on pedal cluster, it works great.. just not springy.

M
Brad Roberts
I have pulled apart many pedal clusters and found broken brake pedal return springs. They rust (imagine that) and break.

B
madd_dogg_914
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 10 2003, 09:58 PM)
They rust (imagine that) and break.

B

You lie. Rust . . . in a 914, I wont belive it, until I see it. Sheesh that Brad and his crazy imagination. laugh.gif

-Chris
madd_dogg_914
Man I am in a mood tonight, I must be getting excited, and Brad knows why smile.gif

-Chris
steve@ottosvenice.com
They rebuild yours at PP then spray paint it with Krylon.
redshift
QUOTE(steve@ottosvenice.com @ Dec 11 2003, 02:06 AM)
They rebuild yours then spray paint it with PP.

That is flatly unacceptable.

M
Brad Roberts
I figured they "outsourced it" to a local shop.

B
redshift
Ask Steve what Otto's does.

ohmy.gif

m

-run!-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.