Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: maiden voyage for the new improved Puttputt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
this coming Saturday June 16th should be my shake down AX with the new rebuild.

will only be able to do the morning runs, but at least the car will be competing again...if it doesn't fail at Candlestick, then it will probably last anywhere.

Now to get my driving back to scratch.

all my competition has 3 events under their belts ....time to kick some 911,964,993, and 996 hiney
my two top competitors are driving big hp cars. One is in a 993 running 8 and 10 inch wheels with DOT Rs and the other is running a 996 with limited slip, after market exhaust and DOT Rs on wide wheels.

and then there is the Puttputt on 205x50 Hankook Z211s, and 110HP and open diff....I guess I should spot them a cone or two

I'll report back after the event to let everyone know my observations of the 2056.

you can check my build thread here

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...ast+of+my+parts
race914
GO DAN!!

Anxious to hear how you & the new motor do!

ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jun 10 2007, 11:47 PM) *

will only be able to do the morning runs, but at least the car will be competing again...if it doesn't fail at Candlestick, then it will probably last anywhere.

all my competition has 3 events under their belts ....time to kick some 911,964,993, and 996 hiney
my two top competitors are driving big hp cars. One is in a 993 running 8 and 10 inch wheels with DOT Rs and the other is running a 996 with limited slip, after market exhaust and DOT Rs on wide wheels.

and then there is the Puttputt on 205x50 Hankook Z211s, and 110HP and open diff....I guess I should spot them a cone or two

I'll report back after the event to let everyone know my observations of the 2056.

Great news Dan! I bet you will love the new power. Hey! Question about the Hankookies. What do their compound numbers mean? C30, C40, C50? All in the DotR tire. blink.gif
DanT
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 11 2007, 07:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jun 10 2007, 11:47 PM) *

Great news Dan! I bet you will love the new power. Hey! Question about the Hankookies. What do their compound numbers mean? C30, C40, C50? All in the DotR tire. blink.gif

Rob, from what I read it is their notation for wear rating so a C30 would be a WR of 30 My C50s have a WR of 50 on the DOT information on the sidewall. smile.gif
ptravnic
Dan - I may be mistaken, but did you have the Tangerine stub pipes installed in one of your rebuild pics? If so, can yuo describe the power from your fresh 2056?

I ask because I'm finishing up my own 2056 and will be getting my Tangerine's at the end of July (already ordered/deposit, etc).

If'n I'm mistaken - congrats on finishing up the rebuild!

-pt
ConeDodger
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Jun 11 2007, 07:39 PM) *

Dan - I may be mistaken, but did you have the Tangerine stub pipes installed in one of your rebuild pics? If so, can yuo describe the power from your fresh 2056?

I ask because I'm finishing up my own 2056 and will be getting my Tangerine's at the end of July (already ordered/deposit, etc).

-pt

Those were probably mine. I think Dr. Dan is using early SSI HE and a muffler"
DanT
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Jun 11 2007, 07:39 PM) *

-pt

thanks Pete, my stub pipes are for my Eurorace header set up.
I would love to have a set of CFR headers but that would be about the cost of my motor build...maybe next year. smile.gif

I am still dialing in the motor and will have a full report after a few AX runs this Saturday. It sounds really healthy, I will be driving the car tomorrow and will have some initial impressions.
Good luck with your build. Did you get any parts from Jake?
I used KB pistons and a 9550 cam from him. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.