Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2316 annihalator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
driver66
does anyone have any hands on experience with this motor . im interested in this motor or one with a little more life span....................any info would be considered befor a purchase...................thanks again
driving.gif
Brad Roberts
Not me (not yet) I do have a 2270 project that is warming up right now. I cant imagine the 2316 is much different.

I need to get a few of the big T4's in this area before I can start to push them. The sale of these engines will depend on test drives and "seat of the pants" feel. Hard to do when I dont have any of them around.

B
driver66
i done some reading on the 2270 ,and maybe that is the motor for me ,...still getting info on em all . for my car i would like power and daily reliability . im not looking for a 100k motor ,but would like to see better than 20k .........so do ya have a guess as to what kinda cash im looking at to get it on the road again?.........
Brad Roberts
Typically the 2270 will run you 7-8k dollars. It kinda depends on the core engine you currently have.

We charge 7k for 2.0 engines.. again .. it depends on the core.

Both engines are tuned and ready to run.

b
driver66
ive got a 1.7 ..............this motor wont help will it?
Brad Roberts
It can be used as the core... you just wont have 2.0 heads... but the 1.7 heads can be "made" to work like a 2.0 head with spark plug mods and combustion chamber mods. No matter what happens.. even a stock set of 2.0 heads have to have the exhaust side 'flowed' to get the exhaust to work properly with Jakes custom cams.

I basically meant (your core) needs to have a decent crank and the case needs to be good. Too often we are finding cases that are questionable and in need of repair. Same goes for the cranks...then the price starts going up.

Bottom line: pray your core is good.

b
Scott Carlberg
Brad,
with all of the talk about the T4 engines that Jake builds, and I have NO knowledge
whatsoever of his engines, except for what I've read on these pages, but...

doesn't Bontempi/HPH build engines also?
don't you?

What is the big difference between, say an HPH rebuild & a Raby rebuilt motor?
Brad Roberts
Raby is getting to the point where he will no longer be building engines. It will be up to me to supply the built engines for our area.

Bontempi would probably build one for you.. but Rich doesnt have any big HP combo's that he sells/builds. Up until me bringing up Jakes name.. Rich had never heard of him.

There is a ton of liability in building engines... and tons of hand holding to be done.

B
Scott Carlberg
and...

$7-8k for a 2270, which is what, 180-200hp?

is the majority of that cost in the Labor, or the parts?
If it's the parts, are they 'trick' parts?

Can I count this as being home-schooled? lol2.gif laugh.gif
redshift
Generally (been there) a rebuild involves 40-50 hours of labor, so, 1 shift payroll for a week at a crappy McDonald's.

M
banderson
My 2270 set me back close to $5000 for parts and machine work. Its amazing how fast it adds up. I did the assembly myself; twice. Its been great for 1 1/2 driving seasons, but now I am questioning my compression. Gota check it again. Leaks oil too.

But it hauls ass MDB2.gif HP, I have no idea. This combo is known to range 140 to 160. It blows away a 2.0. At the track, It keeps up with 944 turbos and a lot of 911s.

All said and done, I am still thinking about a 6. Mostly due to the fact that I am questioning my compression after 1.5 seasons.
Jake Raby
I'll always be building engines......... Brad is going to be distributing to that area some of my goodies already set up... I plan on slowing down build time on my engines effective 1 Jan 2004 and even doing more to them that will make them impossible to be paralelled....... Some of these things are just options for other builders, but will be a standard with what we do to EVERY engine.... Look for a total face lift @ aircooledtechnology.com soon!

As for my engines, against someone elses...... I have dne more research with combinations thatn anyone else with street/ dual purpose engines and cooling systems.....That makes all the difference in the world.

If you want real time info about my 2316, send me an email and I'll put you in touch with owners of them....

There is an in car shot of my 2316 in my 914 in the conversion video we just did for my shroud. Gives a great idea of what the drive is like with 180 ponies. BTW, my personal 2316 was the first of that combination and made the least power of any one we have built yet!!!

My car is always a test car... thats another difference in me and any other builder. Each combo is tested for 10K miles and many are torn down for inspection before I sell the first one. I drive TIV powered cars everyday, and own nothing else, and refuse to!

Last year I spent 25K in R&D for combinations. almost 3K alone just in dyno fuel!

As for 2316 Vs 2270... we'll go over that when we talk, I'll make a recommendation for you- Thats one thing you are paying for!
driver66
i like the ''D'' version of the 2270 at raby........and i will have one in the spring i hope ........wish i could just drop off my car and pick it up when she is ready to go, any chance of that?
Jake Raby
We don't do any installs... we are just manufacturers....

I do have a local shop that does installs from time to time for customers of mine....

AND The D version 2270 is discontinued. It has been replaced by the 2316..... same performance, same cost-lasts longer
driver66
ok, let me try this again.....my car is a daily driver and the only car i own. I need a big four that will give me some power ,like the 2316 .......but i would like to see more than 25k to 35000 miles . is there a motor that can do that for me.....and i should add the fact that i own my own bussiness so the money aint really the obstical.........thanks again
Jake Raby
No sweat.....

When i say 25-30 K, understand that I'm talking about preventive maintenance-Not required.....

If you want 100K and 180+HP, look into a 2563 with Nickies.
driver66
whats the injection? megasquirt?
Bleyseng
probably carbs, FI cost alot more
swood
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Dec 13 2003, 09:23 AM)
100K and 180+HP, look into a 2563 with Nickies.

Drool....drool...drool. Santa, I really want this for aX-mas!
redshift
Estimate that motor $$$ please Jake?

It's umm... $15K?

M
driver66
sweet..............my wife said ''if you want it ,get it''. so i guess i need to get on the phone. and i need a number for raby's mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.